pro197

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
Try doing a reset, using the keyboard, per the Additional Information section (pp 97-99 of the -106 manual, probably about the same in the -197) of the manual. Then reload the scanner with the last data file you saved. HTH.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
my pro197 just dumped all freqs, and came up with a low voltage messge> can any one help me or tell me where to get it fixed??

Both things can happen if you insert or remove the external power cable while the scanner is ON, May need to reload scanner. If your configuration was saved in one of the V scanners, reloading is easy to do.

sandman1991

Premium Subscriber
pro 197

doug, I noticed it when iwas driving downe the road and saw our ambulance going down the road and i hadnt heard a tone for the call , i stopped in the local olaza and it came up welcome to pro 197. took it home turned it offand pluged it in to ac the turned it on. and got low voltage . i will try to reset it and see what happens. thanks doug ill let you know what happens

sandman1991

Premium Subscriber
tom and doug i tried to do the reset and it didnt work i guess the shack will get it back hhhmmmm may be time for a uniden any buddy know where to get a good deal other then r.r?

sandman1991

Premium Subscriber
tom and doug just got home from bowling turned on the pro 197reset the defaults and now its running only now i have to reprogram it all over . thanks guy have a good night

sandman1991

Premium Subscriber
pro 197

hey guy got back off vaca and turned on the 197 and it started to scann i was on my way to take it to r.s. and have them ship it back to r.s and it started to scan so i programed it all over and put it back in the truck drove 20 miles and it never skipped a beat and still hasnt it must have gotten scared once again guy thanks for your help jerry

sphipps

Cool!

If you left it unplugged while on vacation, the CPU might have lost its settings and reset itself. That's all it may have needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.