pro2096 or BCD396t- decisions hmm decisions??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ervin1

i need some help here ive narrowed a scanner down to 2 can anybody help from here?? a 2096 radio-shack or uniden 396T which one should i buy?? does the 2096 come with any software like the uniden or is that a separate purchase????

RenMan51

ervin1 said:
i need some help here ive narrowed a scanner down to 2 can anybody help from here?? a 2096 radio-shack or uniden 396T which one should i buy?? does the 2096 come with any software like the uniden or is that a separate purchase????

According to the owner's manuals, the 2096 does NOT cover the MilAir band (225-400MHz), whereas the 396 does. That made MY decision for me. Good luck making yours.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
ervin1 said:

It would be a separate purchase.

I have both radios and they both do a good job and I'm happy with both of them, but I'm much happier with the 396. I'm also looking to get a 996 to take the place of the 2096.

Mike

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The first thing that comes to mind when I saw this is: One is a hand held and the other is a base/mobile. One uses an internal battery and the other is wired to a supply of 12 V. It is like comparing peaches to peach ice cream; one is portable and the other is not. :lol:

cristisphoto

The Bcd396t

Get the Uniden BCD396T
It a bit more at around 600. USA
But WELL worth it

It has the 700 meghz which WILL be in use for public safely come 2007.
ALL broadcasters have been ordered to vacate that range by December of 2006

Also Rebanding is under way in the USA...
The Crapshack 96 will have to shipped back to Forth Worth..
The Uniden model you can do yourself with the SUPPLIED cable
and NIMH batteries rated at 2300 MAH
Crapshcak you have to BUY a cable ,software, batteries and the AC adapter EXTRA
So you GOIN TOO SPEND MORE!!! :roll: ...
The Uniden has all that and the Software is FREE MAAAAN...LOL
SO yee aHHH lol The BCD396T is better
Also GO to
http://www.scannersunlimited.com

Regrads,
Crista

ervin1

thanks everyone for yur input this thread is about 2wks old and ive already purchased a 396 and it is one great scanner i have to say!!!! took a couple of days to learn the scanner but its a purchase im glad i made..not one to advertise but the customer service at Clays Radio Shop .com is awesome and their prices are hard to beat

cristisphoto

I guessed I should have noted the date eh//
LOL
ANyways
Glad you you like you new toy
Regards,
Crista

Status
Not open for further replies.