PRO2096 - VHF-Hi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

Hello All,

I have a Pro2096. With the RS supplied pull up antenna, it seems to be "sort of" deaf on most VHF Hi band freqs. Anyone else run into this with their 2096?

When I say "deaf" I mean that all of my other scanners can hear our local S.O. EMS and hospital freqs OK, but this one seems to be very noisy, if it even hears the HB freqs at all.

I have an outside antenna ordered. Should be here this week. It DOES seem to be OK on an outside antenna on distant HB freqs.....

Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this with the supplied antenna.

Granted, I didn't buy the 2096 to listen to just these freqs. I bought it to hear the Ohio TRS system.....But you'd think a $499.oo scanner would hear ALL bands fairly evenly!!!!

Wonder if the August 17th software upgrade will help?

Thanks, Steve/KB8FAR, Gallia, Ohio :confused:

Bucko

Steve
My 2096 & 96 with an outside antenna is worse than using and indoor, as in getting hit by harmonics ( common thing with GRE scanners ). In my case it is a pager on 152.48 and really messes up the hosp med channels. Using the ATT will help and also using the CT or DC will help if the service use's such.

woody_46

Same thing here. The 2096 overloads very easily in high RF environments. I have ATT on for all VHF HI frequencies. An FM BC filter has helped me a bit here. 800 MHZ band, up, is fine with an outdoor antenna.

Woody.

Status
Not open for further replies.