Pro95 Programming Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanegeno

First off, Happy New Year!

I am a newbie at scanners and programming so be gentle.

I picked up a Pro95 for cheap at a pawn shop and have questions about programming. I started out with only the local city that I live in. I programmed bank 0, channels 00, 01 and 02 with the primary and alternate control channels. When it is in scanning mode it picks up the different talk group ID and I look those up ( on this awesome site I might add! ) and it tells me who it is. However I pick up two ID's and they come up as the following:

45712 b29 D BLPD Dis Bonney Lake Police Dispatch Law Dispatch
46096 b41 D Sumner PD Police Dispatch Digital Law Dispatch

These are both digital channels from what I see. When the scanner stops on these two it is a loud screeching mess. How do I keep the scanner from stopping on these? I tried to lock out the talk group ID's but the ID's are not stored? I am afraid this is where I become lost.

Any help is appreciated!

S

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Those are not digital 'channels' - rather those are 'digital' talkgroups. The 95 is an analog-only scanner and can't decode them. You would need a digital trunktracker to properly decode those talkgroups. They are listed here (just click on the model number - blue text is always a link)

Category:Digital Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

HTH...Mike

shanegeno

Thank you! That is what I figured...However, when I am scanning the banks it still stops at these digital talkgroups. I want to prevent it from stopping at these 2 since my scanner can't decode them. I think I may have figured it out? I am storing all of the talkgroup ID's as the scanner stops on them by pressing the trunk key. I then can go into where there talkgroup ID is stored and lock them out. If I read the manual correctly I can only lockout the specific talk group when the bank is closed. This should prevent the scanner from stopping on the digital talkgroups that I can't decode. I am hoping this is correct?

n5ims

Program the talkgroups into your scanner and lock them out. That's how you tell the Pro-95 that you won't want to hear them.

To make programming much easier, get the programming cable from your local Radio Shack (RadioShack USB-PC Scanner Programming Cable : Programming Cables | RadioShack.com) and download this software (PRO-95 Software - Win95 - Data Management for the RadioShack PRO-95 Trunking Scanner) - note it's Windows only so you'll need M/S Windows running on your computer for it to work. While the cable costs a bit, the software is free. It will make programming much easier after a short bit learning how to use it.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That's only a temporary solution - eventually you might wind up exceeding the number of allowed lockouts. Better to put a list of talkgroups together that you do want to (and can) hear.

Unfortunately there is no software for the 95 that will interface with the web service. However if you have Excel (or similar) you can use the tricks defined here to copy data from the database, into Excel and then into Win95

Excel Copy/Paste Special to Software - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

germwad86

Your previous post is correct. I use the pro 95 as well and the only way to truly Lock Out a talk group is to lock out that talk group then CLOSE the whole bank (have a Minus - sign instead of the Plus + sign under the bank when it scans). This will lock out any talk group that you have (L/O) on for. The only problem with that is it won't pick up new talkgroups while it scans. It will only scan the ones programed in the scanner already, not others. So like Mike said put in the ones you want first.

Stupid that they would program the scanner like that. The pro 97 I also use fixes that problem and the L/O function actually works with the bank open.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.