pro95 trunking problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill1289

my pro95 has developed a problem . it will not stop on programed trunked frquencies(EDACS) also the squelch will not work. I have reprogrammed the trunked bank and re-installed the id groups and no luck. I monitor the truncked freqs with another scanner and if I manually scan through the bank i can pick up transmissions, switch it back to scan and nothing . any ideas

SCPD

QRT
may try spraying the squelch pot & cleaning it?:). also may want to check BNC connection inside the radio

Last edited:

N8IAA

bill1289 said:
my pro95 has developed a problem . it will not stop on programed trunked frquencies(EDACS) also the squelch will not work. I have reprogrammed the trunked bank and re-installed the id groups and no luck. I monitor the truncked freqs with another scanner and if I manually scan through the bank i can pick up transmissions, switch it back to scan and nothing . any ideas
Have you checked to see if there has been a change in the frequencies here on the database?
Larry

bill1289

pro 95 problems

yes Hickory nc edacs system.I also have two other scanners programmed with the same freqs and they are working fine. Could I have shut somethinf off? Thanks for trying to help I'm LOST. I use this scanner at work since Catawba County Fire isn't Trunked

N8IAA

Is this the system: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=292
Are you using Win95 to program the radio? Check and make sure that they are in the right order and the bank is set to EDACS and the frequencies are too. And that none are locked out. Re-enter if you are not sure. If you are using Win95, you may want to re-initialize the radio and upload everything again. I used to have to do that with my 95 occaisionally.
HTH,
Larry

Last edited:

a1rusty

Similar Problem!

I had a similar problem with my PRO 95 and the Richardson, Texas EDACS system. It worked fine for a couple of years, then quit. It actually would scan the system, and stop on an active channel, displaying the talk group id, but no audio. I could step through the freq's manually (locking out the control channel) and get the audio fine... but not when scanning.

The good news is that my new PSR-500 works great with the Richardson system... Go figure!

bill1289

pro 95 headache

That is the same exact problem I am Having. Its like it refuses to recieve EDACS when scanning. Icompletely cleared the scanner and reprogrammed both manually and using Win95 NO LUCK.

KE5BCP

Analog Man
bill1289 said:
That is the same exact problem I am Having. Its like it refuses to recieve EDACS when scanning. Icompletely cleared the scanner and reprogrammed both manually and using Win95 NO LUCK.
Zip and post your .p95 file.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
when you go through manually are you hearing the control channel for the system? If no CC, then it won't track.

N8IAA

stevecubfan said:
be sure when you're programming an Edacs system that you start with channel 1 of the bank you're using.

If you read his posts, he has that system programmed in two other radios that are receiving the system well. It is just the 95 that is not working.
Larry

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
95 prob

I agree w/ gmclam- sounds like the actual bank is not set to EDACS mode in the win95 file. Also, make sure that for the bank you are using leave the first channel completely empty with no title or frequency and start on the second one with your control freqs. I usually close my banks to only those system ids I have programmed since a lot of times I'll pick up multiple agencies using the same EDACS system (w/ different TG ids).

Status
Not open for further replies.