Pro96 1.3 DSP upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Just updated to 1.3 DSP. Came available Aug 18th I believe. Seems to be quite improved on digital.
Anyone had any good/bad experiences?
Jim

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
There's about 5 pages of reports on it in the RS forum here.

James

Yes, I was wondering how it may work on this particular system. Most of the posts in RS forum are from Mich. and elsewhere.
Jim

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I upgraded my PRO-96 a few weeks ago. If I try really hard, I think I can tell a slightly better result in decoding Greenville PD off of the Paris Mtn Cell, which is marginal in reception for me in Spartanburg.

James

Yeah, Its going to take some time to tell if there is a real difference. Kinda like a placebo. A friend of mine changes his motor oil to synthetic, and swears he THINKS he has 50% increased HP, and gets MUCH better gas mileage ;)
The consensus on the RS forum, is there is no concensus. ITS A MIRACLE! .....no difference for me....No Its Fantastic!......

Either its a coincidence (conditions are good this evening) Or it does improve reception, the weak digital breaks up less. Thats what my ears say ;) For now anyway!

CLB

James said:
Yeah, Its going to take some time to tell if there is a real difference. Kinda like a placebo. A friend of mine changes his motor oil to synthetic, and swears he THINKS he has 50% increased HP, and gets MUCH better gas mileage ;)

I bet a 3' tall wing on the trunk and yellow stickers will give him another 20 hp. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.