Pro96/2096 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

feinstei

I just did the upgrade and it really, really improved reception of the Detroit Police/Fire trunking system. The system now is received as well as any APCO-25 system even though the signals from Detroit are quite weak in my location at 10 Mile and Greenfield!

On the old version, all the Detroit transmissions would degenerate into digital hash in the midst of each transmission. Now, the Detroit system is perfectly listenable!!!

I can also verify that the PRO-96 is now vastly superior to the Uniden scanners in receiving Detroit.

Thanks Radio Shack! Your engineers are tops! I had given up hope of EVER hearing the Detroit system!

Fred E.
N8UC -- Oak Park, MI

DewAddict

From what I have read, it would appear that it will help, if not cure, the problem people have had receiving systems like Detroit who use simulcasting and CQPSK?? or whatever its called. I am a bit apprehensive about upgrading until I get a full explaination. I think right now I'll just download the file.

You must have been typing at the same time!!! I will now execute the upgrade!!

Rob

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I ran this side-by-side with a 396T using identical antennas in all Michigan's CQPSK zones and was shocked at the improvement.

gg750

rdale said:
I ran this side-by-side with a 396T using identical antennas in all Michigan's CQPSK zones and was shocked at the improvement.

Is this update specific to CQPSK site problems, or will it also offer improvements with C4FM reception?

Status
Not open for further replies.