pro96 and status bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

holeinace

I have a pro96 and listen to Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink system. I have a feeling I am missing some transmissions that are on status bits. How does the pro96 deal with status bits on this kind of system.

mikey60

I have a pro96 and listen to Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink system. I have a feeling I am missing some transmissions that are on status bits. How does the pro96 deal with status bits on this kind of system.

It ignores the status bits, and will allow the audio through from the talkgroup, regardless of which status bits are set. The only status bit the PRO-96 does anything with is the Encryption bit, in which case the radio will skip that talkgroup.

Mike

holeinace

It ignores the status bits, and will allow the audio through from the talkgroup, regardless of which status bits are set. The only status bit the PRO-96 does anything with is the Encryption bit, in which case the radio will skip that talkgroup.

Mike

So more than likely I am receiving everything (except encrypted). Thanks for clearing it up for me

mikey60

the bank is closed, there are some VERY active TG's that I am not interested in

Ok, with the bank closed, the only thing you might miss would be those cases were one of the talkgroups you are interested in is patched to another group that you don't have programmed in. I don't know how much that happens on the system you're monitoring, but other than that, you should be hearing everything you have programmed.

Mike

holeinace

It would be rare for something interesting be patched into a Correctional facility maintenance or cafeteria TG....lol

jamesa53

Practical....

I monitor a 3600 baud Motorola Smartzone system on SAFE-T in Indiana, which has encrypted TGs on it and my 96 disregards them somehow or some way.

DonS

I monitor a 3600 baud Motorola Smartzone system on SAFE-T in Indiana, which has encrypted TGs on it and my 96 disregards them somehow or some way.

After reviewing some other info I have, it appears that the PRO-96 might actually skip encrypted talk groups on Mot 3600 CC systems. (My info is related to the PRO-97, which does share some internal traits with the PRO-96. The PRO-97 does appear to check bit 3 in the 16-bit Mot talkgroup ID.)

Otherwise, though, the PRO-96 ignores status bits. If you program TGID 48, you'll hear 48-55.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
My city here (Joliet, ILL) has a Motorola TYPE11 analog system, when they use the "ALLCALL" TG183, TG215 even in the closed mode on the 2096 the call comes thru on TG176-East Dispatch and TG208-West Dispatch...On the GRE500 i see the ALLCALL land on TG183-TG215 now but i thought they were "patches" but the scanner with the latest firmware does not show PTCH" in the readout....

DonS

My city here (Joliet, ILL) has a Motorola TYPE11 analog system, when they use the "ALLCALL" TG183, TG215 even in the closed mode on the 2096 the call comes thru on TG176-East Dispatch and TG208-West Dispatch...
That sounds normal. The 2096 is ignoring the status bits, so 183 == 176 and 215 == 208.
On the GRE500 i see the ALLCALL land on TG183-TG215 now but i thought they were "patches" but the scanner with the latest firmware does not show PTCH" in the readout....
The PSR-500 won't show "PTCH" unless it has previously received a patch announcement message on the control channel for the talkgroup ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.