Pro96 base Freq/Offset programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsanab14

Does anyone know how to manually program multiple base freq/offset/step's for a pro 96. I can only install 1 manually. Using scancat-lite+ v1.4.4 does not seem to work as it programs everything perfect but when I check the base freq/offset/step, it is always set to the defaualt after programming. I am going nuts because I can no longer hear digital systems that require the multiple base/offset/step data. Thnak you

robbinsj2

Where do you see the default table after programming, on the scanner's display after accessing through the keypad or after downloading the programming back into Scancat? If the former, try uploading to the scanner then downloading back to Scancat and check if the multi tables are there in what was downloaded.

Win96 gives you four options, normal/splinter/custom/multi. It's possible that even when a multi table is properly programmed in (which can only be done via software) that the scanner still displays the default under the custom table since they're two different things.

Starrsoft's Win96 is highly recommended. I've never used Scancat Lite+ myself so I can't comment on it directly but I've sure read a lot of complaints about it...

Jim

I had lots of problems like that with scancat, including that one. I gave up on scancat and got win97, win 96,arc160 and arc15. Ya, they cost for each scanner, but the benefits of software that you can use, uploads/downloads correctly, and is easier to work with way outweigh the cost, and the headaches of using scancat. Get the demo version of win96 -> Software for RadioShack PRO-series (PRO-92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 163, 164, 106, 197) and GRE PSR-series (PSR-500, 600, 300, 400) scanners and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.