Pro96 Digital TRunking Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trk2_Barman

Premium Subscriber
My Pro 96 will not decode any digital trunked frequency. It will stop on the frequency but I get nothing but static. What could the issue be? all of the frequencies are correct. Thanks for the help.
Alan

Trk2_Barman

Premium Subscriber
Anyone able to help me with this? I am really trying to figure out the problem. I can monitor analog frequencies just fine, but cannot receive anything digital. I get nothing but digital scramble. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
Alan

puzzleriddle

has the system rebanded?? if so did enter the extended trunking tables & REbanded information?.post your programming file & let folks take a look at it .

Trk2_Barman

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to trunk DC Fire, Montgomery County, Md fire and Baltimore City, Md Fire. As far as I know, the frequencies are correct. I even did the reload from the V files.

Trk2_Barman

Premium Subscriber
I unfortunately do not have a programming file or the Win96 software. The RS guy I had program it no longer works where I had it programmed, so he took the file. I had it reprogrammed by hand and by reloading from the V files.

sphipps

If a digital scanner has been receiving fine and all of a sudden one day you get static and scramble, then they've probably either rebanded or started encryption.

Go to the Radio Reference forum for your state and see if anyone is talking about scanning in your specific area or post your question and see if someone local responds and can shed some light on this.

Trk2_Barman

Premium Subscriber
I understand Montgomery County rebanded just a few days ago, but the issues with the scanner pre-date the rebanding.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Montgomery county did NOT reband. They hit a major snag with some filters causing degraded signal capture. Go to the Maryland forum and you'll read all about it. (All links are in blue...)

Read message 5 of

http://forums.radioreference.com/ma...forum/236646-rebanding-montgomery-county.html

You don't say where you are, but Baltimore City's P25 system is configured rather tightly insofar as coverage is concerned - you almost certainly won't hear it from Montogmery County, if that's where you are. certainly not with just a duckie. They have new freqs - the freqs in the V folder are very out of date. They are current in the database.

DC has indeed rebanded, as shown here...

Washington, DC Trunking System, Washington, District of Columbia - Scanner Frequencies

The only way to correctly program this is to get Win96 or ARC96, a premium subscription and a USB cable. We have instructions on how to do this at the bottom of;

Programming Your Radio Shack Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

As to which USB cable(s) to get, that's documented in the 'Connecting scanners via USB' link that's in the prologue.

HTH...Mike

imfunny

rs pro96

i having problem put them in trunking too i need help too for my area i live in kalispell mt p25 trunking i try it both too

kuiper

You may need to adjust the VR4 dial inside your pro-96. I had to do this to my pro-96 to recieve the Baltimore County P25 system. This did affect the analog reception of my pro-96.

Search for "pro-96 vr4" for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.