Pro96 EDACS Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkillins

Yes, Pro96 is getting to be quite the outdated scanner, but for now it's a reliable scanner in my hood.

I have a question with respect to EDACS digital (Provoice is it?). For the most part, my local ECADS system is still in the clear, but some PD talkgroups aren't monitorable because they are digital (encrypted?) and are as such the Pro96 doesn't send the signal to the speaker. It would be illegible.

My question is, is there a way to override that? I would like to gather the talkgroup numbers that are being used digitally. I know I won't hear anything, but I would like to be able to monitor the the talkgroup activity (visually)

I do have Don Starr's programming software if that makes a difference.

N8IAA

Yes, Pro96 is getting to be quite the outdated scanner, but for now it's a reliable scanner in my hood.

I have a question with respect to EDACS digital (Provoice is it?). For the most part, my local ECADS system is still in the clear, but some PD talkgroups aren't monitorable because they are digital (encrypted?) and are as such the Pro96 doesn't send the signal to the speaker. It would be illegible.

My question is, is there a way to override that? I would like to gather the talkgroup numbers that are being used digitally. I know I won't hear anything, but I would like to be able to monitor the the talkgroup activity (visually)

I do have Don Starr's programming software if that makes a difference.

Adding the TG's can be done by going into the software and entering them. The problem is that the 96 can't decode ProVoice. So, the TG will not show activity. Just the nature of the hardware in the scanner.

The only way to listen, is to use a SDR setup with a dongle and software.

The other, is to purchase either a X36HP, or the overpriced STD scanners and pay to have ProVoice installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.