Pro96: Horrible P25 Audio Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageJon

I may open a folder with AGC, digital, off and see what it does. Very little if any encrypted
here in Austin TX lately though. Go through periods of a lot of it, but it depends on Dope Control or whoever the command is for this servoce.
(I'm running 9600 baud)

fog

Premium Subscriber
I just turned AGC off. I just heard a digital transmission and it sounded much cleaner.

I don't think the noise I had m entioned was encryption, because I can make out bits and pieces of it. (Which would constitute pretty awful encryption.) I'd guess that it's either two signals mixing, as someone proposed, or just something dropping out. Just as long as it's not the radio itself that's to blame.

My firmware version info:

CPU: F1.4
DSP-App: F1.2
DSP-Voc: F1.0

bassmkenk2508

fog said:
I'd guess that it's either two signals mixing, as someone proposed, or just something dropping out. Just as long as it's not the radio itself that's to blame.

i think it is just weak signal, the way you are describing it. on a TRS where i live it happens occasionally, too.

VintageJon

Fog- see no further posts from you. I like the "encrypted" explanation a lot. We get that here in Austin Tx especially on weekends monitoring. (Narcs are most likely though the mobiles are usually clear- thankfully.)

You may have a defective scanner! Return it and ask MANAGER to look at your complaint.
(If they offer no satisfaction raise Hell and/or go to another store.)
I'm a TRY-BEFORE-I-BUY type of dude. After the 1st Pro96 did not perform before sale it took 3 weeks to get another, but it's a very good one!
(EVERYONE MUST TRY their equipment before they take it out of my repair shop. If they don't want to play it I will! Vintage Tube Amp Repair here.)

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!

73's,
Jon

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

xusmarine1979

I just leave the AGC off myself. There is only one system that I listen to that really has an effect on it, but it really cuts back on all of that background noise and actually sounds really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.