Pro96 in my Alero

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesm1957

Premium Subscriber
Here is my Pro96 in my Alero. Iam still looking to put in the mount I used in my Country Squire. But for now this works ok.

Last edited:

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Country Squire? That was a barge :)

Clean install. Just don't try to set a soda in the cupholder when the scanner is there...been there, done that. Whoops.

wesm1957

Premium Subscriber
scanjunkie said:
What kind of speaker do you have it hooked up to??

I am using a Radio Shack amp that will work with either a 9 volt battery or an adapter, with a Radio Shack extension speaker that is about 2 to 2 1/2 inches square. I will get both the part numbers and post them here. The speaker can not be seen with the scanner in the cup holder. It is down in the back of the cubby hole.

wesm1957

Premium Subscriber
Alero update

Here are a few more pictures of my Alero setup. I added a truck mount CB antenna today, the glass mount just wasn't working well. I did replace the glass mount cb antenna with my glass mount scanner antenna. I have a multi-coupler I can use when I have both my 95 and 96 scanners in the car, but that will give me the option to have both on seperate antennas. I am still waiting on the bracket so I can get the scanner out of the cup holder. The black box is my digital heads up compass, and the white box is the ratshack amp.

Last edited:

wesm1957

Premium Subscriber
hoser147 said:
looks good .............hoser147

Thanks!! I will have to make room for one more antenna on the truck in the near future. That will be a 2 meter antenna. I am going to go for my Ham Ticket! I figure I may be able to help in emergencies in my area since there are no REACT Teams around here.

Wes

intrepid97

You will enjoy 2 Meters,I will say the ICOM V-8000 is an AWESOME radio for the price plus it has plenty of power (75 watts) on high power and it is a nice looking radio as well.

wesm1957

Premium Subscriber
intrepid97 said:
What make/model antenna are you using for 800Mhz? Looks like a decent antenna to me :)

The small antenna on the trunk is the scanner antenna and it is the Antenex all band scanner antenna.

wesm1957

Premium Subscriber
intrepid97 said:
Which frequency range/s does that antenna seem to perform the best?

I have to say it works great from VHF High to 800 MHZ. When I had it mounted on the roof of my Country Squire wagon I was able to pick up VHF frequiencies I listen to from 60 miles away.

Tradbow

I'm lucky enough to have just bought a new Honda. It's got a nice mini-plug input for an Aux function on the car stereo. Direcl line in. I just plug in there with my handheld and get the output through the stereo speakers. It also works for a nice line-in for my iPod. No more crappy FM transmitters. Hopefully the domestic car manufacturers are offering this feature now as well.

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
scanjunkie said:
Were you able to find a model number on that Rat Shack amp??

Thanks!!

277-1008

I Am surprised they still make it. I have one my Grandfather Gave me which he used to use at the Polaroid plant for Misc. stuff. I'm going to hook mine up in my car with pre-existing equipment and use it in my mobile set-up as an amplifier for my BCD-396T.

Status
Not open for further replies.