Pro96 in shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepro96fan

I sent my Pro96 in to RS and is having a "facelift" new exterior, keypad and all...I miss my scanner, Ft. Worth repair center just got it today...Hope I will get my scanner back soon:)
Also asked if there is a rebanding reflash available...waiting for response from Strategic Services..

Dubbin

Feed Provider
You do know that you could have just ordered the parts and did it yourself? That way you would not be missing it right now. Now when you get it back make sure you buy a case for it. Mine looks as good as it did the day I got it because of always having it in a case.

babyreb

mikepro96fan said:
I sent my Pro96 in to RS and is having a "facelift" new exterior, keypad and all...I miss my scanner, Ft. Worth repair center just got it today...Hope I will get my scanner back soon:)
Also asked if there is a rebanding reflash available...waiting for response from Strategic Services..
i also need to send my pro 96 in i also one when they first came out i need an upgrade on my cpu from 1.2 to 2.4 eould anyone know round about price on that

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
babyreb said:
i also need to send my pro 96 in i also one when they first came out i need an upgrade on my cpu from 1.2 to 2.4 eould anyone know round about price on that

I think you mean 1.4? Not sure they upgrade the logic and display board anymore unless it's needed for repair.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Not sure I understand... You want to spend $100 give or take "to keep the radio up to date"? Makes no sense...

Dubbin

Feed Provider
rdale said:
Not sure I understand... You want to spend $100 give or take "to keep the radio up to date"? Makes no sense...

It makes perfect sense. These ugrades do fix previous problems with the radio...

rdale

Premium Subscriber
He's in Sterling Heights, Michigan. The v1.2 bug is not affecting his radio, so upgrading to 1.4 is simply a waste of money.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
rdale said:
He's in Sterling Heights, Michigan. The v1.2 bug is not affecting his radio, so upgrading to 1.4 is simply a waste of money.

Maybe he travels... Maybe he has the money to spend... Maybe he just wants it up to date just to make him feel better... What does it really matter to you anyway???

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Because based on his confusion about the DSP upgrade, I'm quite certain he's not aware of what CPU 1.4 fixes. So I'm suggesting that he consider that before dropping $100. May not be much to you, but if I were going to throw away a Ben Franklin I'd like someone to let me know first.

nopicowboy

I'd drop a bill to know I had the latest shiznit out there.... worth the $$ to me.... but I'm a perfectionist like that so..

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Mine is also one of the first out of Ft Worth. I sent it in 14 months ago and got 1.4. Why? As Dwayne stated, I travel via the highway now and then and don't know when I may need the analog TG correction.

I was going to send it in a year earlier at no cost (under warranty) but a few whiners out there were worried that some of us who really didn't need it would bog the stocks down and delay those that did need it. Anyway, it cost me 49 bucks out of warranty.

babyreb

rdale said:
Why do you need a CPU upgrade?
i was told with the older pr96 you need to up date to 1.4 that would help my reception for detroit and yes my dsp is upgraded to 1.3 just thought someone might have a idea what it might cost

Dubbin

Feed Provider
babyreb said:
i was told with the older pr96 you need to up date to 1.4 that would help my reception for detroit and yes my dsp is upgraded to 1.3 just thought someone might have a idea what it might cost

The DSP upgrade took care of that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.