Pro96 jacksonville, nc pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
I have used ARC96 Software to upload numerous NC County Trunked Frequencies from the RR listings to different banks on my PRO96 including the Jacksonville/Onslow County, NC Primary and Alternate Control Channels and all the Jacksonville Police Talk Groups. Previously I was able to pick up some JPD Transmissions but ONLY in the evening.Lately the entire bank is silent and they are only about 25-30 miles north of me.

I am currently using the 18 inch, three band CONDOR Antenna which picks up many other 800 band channels on other banks including some on VIPER in Brunswick County which is about 50 miles away.. I have also been able to monitor JPD with my regular 800MHz Rubber Duck antenna in the past. Lately, neither one brings it in.

Has Jacksonville,NC PD gone to new frequencies or.....perhaps encrypted their transmissions????

Any Response would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jack G

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
OK Thanks.

Is there another way to find out the ReBanded Frequencies?

When downloading the Jacksonville/Onslow trunk frequencies with ARC96 software, under "settings".... it shows a "Bandplan Table Editor" where you can click on a tab that says "Load ReBand Table" and it will slightly change the Lo & Hi Channels, Offset, Base and Step entries. I am not really sure what that alll means, but I have tried it before uploading to my scanner and still got the same result of that bank....Silence.

Is that the only way to get the new frequencies or is there another method with different results?

Any suggestions woould be most appreciated. Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If all you're looking for is frequencies, the database has 'em (link is blue)

Jacksonville / Onslow County Trunking System, Jacksonville, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

However there's another issue. 25-30 miles on a duckie in hilly terrain is iffy at best. When the county rebanded, it's conceivable that the antenna pattern and/or power output was changed (other communities have done this), and at your range, even a small reduction in power is going to have a big effect.

Time to consider a yagi, I suspect...Mike

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Mike,

All those Jacksonville PD frequencies have been uploaded into my scanner and previously I would receive transmissions........but for some reason all I get now is silence. I'm sure a yagi could improve the range but since I previously was getting active transmissions, I am not sure that is the reason for the loss. I still get stuff from further away in NC than Jacksonville.

Any other possibilities you can think of?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
An obvious test would be to jump in the car with your 96 and drive toward Jacksonville. Likely as not, if something in the system configuration changed, you will start receiving traffic again where you couldn't before.

A small cell phone mag mount will increase your chances of success. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.