Pro96 Re-banding South East Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

catvjbs

I have a pro96 and Win96 V01.74 As I understand it I should be able to use my pro account and download from RR the sites and groups I want and my scanner should work with rebinding. Well it's not so I did some research and found where in Win96 you set the 800mhz channels to re-banded. Well that's not working either.

So I'm lost, should it be this hard i use to use this site and would simply select the sites I wanted uploaded them to the scanner and it worked. What am i missing?

Dose any one have a VSCAN file for meigs county Are they on the new marcs system and if so what one.???

Lost and confused

catvjbs

Here is what I have

I am using the correct system. Mot type II I checked the tables in win96 and they are the expanded tables for remanding the same as what is shown on the other link you sent me. here is how I set things up.

I went to win96 Did a web import for my county in Ohio for trunked systems selected the correct system there are 117 sites and 122 talk groups. I selected several of the sites nearest ,me like pomeroy, athens, jackson and nelsonville. Then I selected the talk groups I want to hear like athens county, meigs county, jackson county and the selected import system that brought me back to my win 96 where it looks like everything is loaded. Changed my Mot3600cc to multi table 800mhz rebanded then uploaded to scanner and i get nothing

catvjbs

Control channel

All is dose is keep scanning I get nothing. I have uploaded the vscan file i built from RR so you can see if I'm doing somthing wrong.

Attachments

• Ohio Custom VSCAN.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 94
better look into a better scanner soon to monitor 700 mhz Washington county sheriff moved and more soon i sold my Pro-96 many years ago glad i did.

Bucko

The Pro96 will not do the new MARCS IP, it will not trunk it. However you can enter the non CC's and listen to it conventional. I have 2-2096 and 1-96. They will receive in in the 774mz but with reduced gain. at least that is how mine are.

when more move over on the new IP system your going to wish you had a better scanner to trunk them i have a pro-197 works ok still some talk if all of washington county fire will move over in 2016 don't know if this will happen but many are looking into it.

catvjbs

What about this as a replacement

What do you guys think of the BCD436HP I am looking at this as an optional replacement, the programming seems much easier and you still have the option to manual program and build software databases on your pc and upload to the scanner as well seems like a lot more features and easier to use to me. Thinking about buying one with a GPS this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.