PRO96 - return or keep? CT area

Status
Not open for further replies.

bc3scan

I purchased this Pro96 scanner about 3wks ago and have one week left to decide whether to keep or return it. My concern is laying out as much money as it is only to hear that CSP as well as other PD's are going encrypted. (I have noticed alot of what I think is encrypted on Troup A). I live in the Bethel area.

Also read along the way that rumor has it that a newer model MIGHT be coming out soon?

Thanks...opinions welcome as I am new to scanning and fear I might be owning a dinosaur?

thanks bc3

mciupa

A lot of what you are saying is speculative. What if it doesn't happen ?:confused:

If you are not happy with your purchase , get your money back and see how you feel without it. I bet you'll miss it.
I personally wouldn't puchase a scanner for only one digital system. Surely there must be much more to listen to than just CHP.

A newer RadioShack scanner would not be able to crack encryption anyway.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
eyes00only said:
BUT, the 96 will not do 700MHz, which a lot of systems are starting to use, ie Colorado DTRS.

Jerry
With win 96 it will do 700mhz i own one and that is just a fact, and the next fact about the Pro-96 is that it will survive re-banding with win 96

scosgt

I found the PRO-96 to work much better in CT that the Uniden 296 or 396

Obviously YMMV

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
lowboy654 said:
With win 96 it will do 700mhz i own one and that is just a fact, and the next fact about the Pro-96 is that it will survive re-banding with win 96

It may recieve in the 700 MHz band after using WIN 96, but it will not Trunk Track in the 700 MHz band.

John_M

I don't see anything encrypted for Troop A. There are only a few encrypted TG's in the whole Statewide system. If you decide to keep it you can always sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.