pro96 simple ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
i want to add more milcoms, when i move i.e. folder 1 to scratch pad and save that info,can then i enter milcoms in folder 1? and if i want more milcoms, do i have to empty the other folders and be unable to save them , ,tnx bob odenton md

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Folders & such

bobf9f5 said:
i want to add more milcoms, when i move i.e. folder 1 to scratch pad and save that info,can then i enter milcoms in folder 1? and if i want more milcoms, do i have to empty the other folders and be unable to save them , ,tnx bob odenton md

I'm going to answer the question that I can only estimate that you are asking.

Milcoms- Pro-96 does not receive military air. If that's what you are talking about then it won't work. Check you manual for frequency coverage. If "milcoms" means frequencies that the Pro-96 covers, then nevermind.

The Vscanner folders are for saving various frequency lists. If they are all full ,then they are all full. I suggest you get Win96 software, a cable, and use your computer to manage the loads. Or decide which of the Vscanner contents you don't care about anymore and overwrite that one.

Good Luck!

SCPD

QRT
nwou tnx for the info i do hv win96 but havent got the cable yet, i did ask someone yesterday but they never replied as what the cable nbr was and which one was the best as i need an usb type for my pc, i just wanted to make sure abt storing and what you said gives me the answer tnx for an old newbie,,

SCPD

QRT
Milcoms 225-400Mhz can be heard on some Pro 96's (some are deaf) on that band but get win 96 & check extended frequencies at the bottom of the main page GL!, Mine was 1 of the 96's that is deaf on that band:(
Paul

SCPD

QRT
Milcoms (225-400Mhz) can be received by the pro 96, You will need win96 & on the main page at the bottom of the program , check Extended frequencies. good luck tho as some (96's are deaf on tis band). Mine was :(, and ys you will need the cable for this also. ALSO backup whatever you may have in the scanner before you start , it will overwrite/erase what is already in there
Paul

Grrr sorry about double post I ned to open my eyes LOL:p

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
However, the 96 should work just fine in the 138-144 mhz area, where many Air National Guard/National Guard units can be found (those that haven't been shipped to Iraq yet, in any case...). That won't require any special procedures as that's already within its designed coverage

73 Mike

n2mdk

bobf9f5 said:
nwou tnx for the info i do hv win96 but havent got the cable yet, i did ask someone yesterday but they never replied as what the cable nbr was and which one was the best as i need an usb type for my pc, i just wanted to make sure abt storing and what you said gives me the answer tnx for an old newbie,,

There really is only one cable you can get it from RS http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2177609 or from GRE http://www.greamerica.com/scanner_accessories.html

Status
Not open for further replies.