Pro96 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

claybarnes

I registerd and paid 30.00 for the software, but It will not take my name or ID key. I carefully wrote down the key number, and I thought I entered the correct name, but something is wrong. Does anyone know if they have a customer number or email? Many thanks- Clay Barnes

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Which software - ARC96 (in which case you want to get in touch with Gommert) or Win96 (Don Starr)?

It's important to be specific...best regards...Mike

DonS

The best way to get your name/key info into Win96 is as described in the registration key email: use copy and paste to transfer the data from the email to the Win96 prompts.

claybarnes

Thanks, Sir!

My next problem is remembering how to operate the software. Frank Monroe was a big help in this area, and as you may or not know is grave condition in the Hospital. Can you or someone get me started? Thanks!

RobertFD34

Anyone have a problem with win 96 software crashing on windows 7 home - It worked about a month ago but today it would not start and said windows is attempting to find soultion for problem . I even downloaded and reinstalled but no luck. Thanks if you can help...

ermin

Anyone have a problem with win 96 software crashing on windows 7 home - It worked about a month ago but today it would not start and said windows is attempting to find soultion for problem . I even downloaded and reinstalled but no luck. Thanks if you can help...

I've been using Win-96 with Windows 7 for over a year without a single problem. Do you have all your reinstalled files in the same directory? And are you using the latest version? 1.74

Ermin

RobertFD34

The answer would be yes and yes , I have been using it on the same cpu for at least a year with 7 but it just stopped working this week, on both my computers , I am wondering if one of the recent windows updates is causing this , anyway thanks for the reply.

claybarnes

Software issue

Question: I am using win96 for Radio Shack scanners, and after I enter my username, and key I go to file and go to file web import, and go to RR, and when I sign in on that page and press start it keeps giving me a XML content error. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had this problem? Sure would appreciate some feedback. Thanks Clay Barnes

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Once again, it would appear that you simply need the newest version. The XML based system was retired quite a while back...best regards..Mike

claybarnes

xml file

Mike thanks for your help, but are you talking about the win96 software? I loaded and paid for what I thought was the lastest version. What do I need to update? Please understand that I've been an Apple guy for the last few years, and I'm doing all of this on a laptop running XP. Now I have accesss to a windows 7 machine, but it is my understanding I can not put the program on another machine. Correct? Please understand that it has been 4 or five years since I have used this program. I hate to appear confused, and stupid, but I guess that is where I'm at. Any help you could give me would sure be appreciated beacause at this point I do not know what to do! Thanks again Mike, Clay

claybarnes

win96 software

My program says I am using version 1.58. How do I get the new version? This is what I downloaded Wednesday. Can anyone help please? It keeps saying I'm using a 30 day trial program, but again, I paid 30.00 for what I thought was the latest version. I'm really getting frustrated with this.

Highpockets

Mike thanks for your help, but are you talking about the win96 software? I loaded and paid for what I thought was the lastest version. What do I need to update? Please understand that I've been an Apple guy for the last few years, and I'm doing all of this on a laptop running XP. Now I have accesss to a windows 7 machine, but it is my understanding I can not put the program on another machine. Correct? Please understand that it has been 4 or five years since I have used this program. I hate to appear confused, and stupid, but I guess that is where I'm at. Any help you could give me would sure be appreciated beacause at this point I do not know what to do! Thanks again Mike, Clay

Does the version your using match this?

PRO-96 Software - Win96 - Data Management Software for the RadioShack PRO-96 and PRO-2096 Digital Trunking Scanners

claybarnes

Ok I have upgraded my status to a premium member, and have downloded a system, but thinking back isnt there a way to choose what channels and talk groups that you wish to update. Is there something on the website that help me? I hate to be such a pest, but I cant remember all of the steps. Thanks!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Ok I have upgraded my status to a premium member, and have downloded a system, but thinking back isnt there a way to choose what channels and talk groups that you wish to update. Is there something on the website that help me? I hate to be such a pest, but I cant remember all of the steps. Thanks!
That is a function of the software. Look at the screens presented to you in Win96 during the import and select only what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.