Pro96 to Pro106

Status
Not open for further replies.

heidorn39

Can anyone advise on what settings are needed to receive BUTLER COUNTY BRICS System? I have all the data entered in but need some tweaking. It stops a lot on a freq and lights up but no audio. All atten settings are off but am probably missing on the other settings. I have a win96 bin file from an older Pro96 but am having issues with this pro106. Willing to post my Pro106 gr5 file if anyone can tweak. Also the sw ohio pro96 bin file is here if anyone needs it. Live in Fairfield Twp and mainly interested in a solid BCSO and Hamilton reception.

KI5FKE

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone advise on what settings are needed to receive BUTLER COUNTY BRICS System? I have all the data entered in but need some tweaking. It stops a lot on a freq and lights up but no audio. All atten settings are off but am probably missing on the other settings. I have a win96 bin file from an older Pro96 but am having issues with this pro106. Willing to post my Pro106 gr5 file if anyone can tweak. Also the sw ohio pro96 bin file is here if anyone needs it. Live in Fairfield Twp and mainly interested in a solid BCSO and Hamilton reception.

I'm no pro, but maybe some of the talkgroups could be encrypted.

heidorn39

Yes they are, they are garbled. I retired from a local PD and lots of the ops channels are secure. I am looking for someone with knowledge to set my limits etc and checkboxes to optimal..

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm no pro, but maybe some of the talkgroups could be encrypted.
You're probably right.

If this is the system you are trying to monitor:
Butler Regional Interoperable Communications System (BRICS) Trunking System, Hamilton, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies
then, yes, most all of the talkgroups for the BCSO & Hamilton are labeled as encrypted. That's noted by the "E" in the Mode column. Assuming the database is correct, only an announcements tgid, and the "Main" (dispatch?) channel for the Sheriff's office are not encrypted; everything else is flagged with an "E". For Hamilton, the database shows a Dispatch talkgroup as non-encrypted, but everything else is. That's pretty much the same pattern for all law enforcement agencies on this system. Fire talkgroups are mostly non-encrypted.

Bear in mind that either BCSO or Hamilton may have changed to full time encryption on all talkgroups, but no one has submitted an update. Check down in the Ohio Forum for other information.

heidorn39

i just want to find optimal settings to hear the main dispatches to the departments ham, bcso, ff, trenton, etc

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Heidorn, I've moved your thread to the Ohio forum where you will probably get more help. If you have a question about a specific area, your post should go in the appropriate regional forum.

Unfortunately, when you don't give us much information as to your location, you won't get much local help.

There must be quite a few Butler's across the US and figuring out which one you're referring to would be a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.