Pro96 USB Interface Cable Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb9sst

I just got a new computer and to my suprise, there is no serial port. Huh. Therefore, one can not use the standard serial interface cable to program your Pro96. I've been looking for a new cable with a 1/8" plug to USB and can't seem to find one. Any ideas?

jeffrey420

Bucko said:
The cat # 20-047 usb cable from Radio Shack would be what you want.

You could also try serial to usb adapter. That is what I use for my laptop. The one I have is made by Belkin.

YFZBOB

I have tried a couple of USB/Serial Port adaptors for my GPS and a couple of other units that needed serial connection. I found not all of my units would connect via the USB/Serial adaptor. Until I came across this site...

http://pfranc.com/usb/usb.mhtml

Last edited:

jeffrey420

I've used the belkin for my GPS III, PRO-97 with win97, PRO-2052 with Scan Control. It could depend on the system also. Some computers are picky as to what they will work with.

jeffrey420

Got one at R.S. for $7.50, couldn't pass it up.

I wonder if they are planning radios in the future with more computer to radio functions? Just curious because of the stereo type plug on the one end needing and adapter for the current scanners.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
jeffrey420 said:
Got one at R.S. for $7.50, couldn't pass it up.

I wonder if they are planning radios in the future with more computer to radio functions? Just curious because of the stereo type plug on the one end needing and adapter for the current scanners.
Us it as is, without mono adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.