PRO96 V Folders question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Probably a dumb question but here goes anyways...

Okay, so I've had my PRO96 for a couple of days now and am still amazed at the marvel it is. It's way beyond anything I've owned up to this point (and I thought my BCT8 was top-notch when I got it not all that long ago LOL).

Anyway, just a quick question concerning a programming issue.

I've got most of my "0" folder filled with conventional analog PD/FD freqs. I want to set up folder "1" for trunked systems.

I guess my question is this...each folder has 10 banks, so is it possible to have 10 trunked systems per folder (one for each bank)? And if so, is it possible to have more than 1 trunked system in a bank at a time?

Thanks in advance for any info / suggestions / comments you can provide.

SSSG

:)

LEH

Premium Subscriber
One thing you need to keep in mind with the 96 and the 500 (improvement over the 96 is exponential).

You can only listen to one folder at a time.

So to answer your first question, yes, you can have 10 trunked systems per folder. But with what I said in the previous paragraph, you will only be able to listen to one of the folders at a time.

Can you load more than one trunked system per bank. A simple answer is yes, but there are some caveats. First they cannot be EDACS as EDACS has to be in channel order starting with X01 (not X00). The other thing is they should be fairly far apart so you don't wind up locking onto the first active control channel in the bank.

Also having more than one trunked system per bank can cause issues with loading in specific talk groups.

Now you can mix trunked and conventional systems in the same bank if you want to consider doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.