PRO96 (WIN96) Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

brazoscty

Premium Subscriber
I recently downloaded the most current updates for WIN96 and now, after the first start, when I try to run it I get the following as soon as I click the icon.

"Error: access violation at AT0X77C472E3 (tried to read 0X00E32000) Program Terminated"

Has anyone ever run into this problem and, if so how do I correct it. So far I have not been able to get any help from Don Starr.

I have deleted all of the associated files with WIN96, emptied the Recycle Bin, restarted my system, created a new directory, and downloaded WIN96 numerous times and get the same results.

THANKS for any/all help

Hank Salzmann
brazoscty@hughes.net

hoser147

Make sure you have all your Win96 files in the same folder and that you have MS Net runtime and DLLs listed on the Win96 homepage. If you can give us more info like what system you are using, what cable etc, it will all be helpful.

brazoscty

Premium Subscriber
I am using Windows XP with all the updates on a DELL Inspiron 1501 Laptop. I have all the .NET files loaded. WIN96 worked fine before I downloaded the updates. I was able to upload and download to my scanner with no problem. This started after I downloaded the updates a couple of weeks ago.
Hank

qlajlu

Silent Key
This might be a moot point since you have deleted and reinstalled the program, but are you using a shortcut on your computer to start the program? You may want to reinstall the shortcut just to make sure. I know I'm grasping at straws, but hey...any stone unturned...and all that. :)

brazoscty

Premium Subscriber
Tried that numerous times, same results. I am trying to open it from within my folder.
I can't even open it to check the serial configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.