Pro96Com 1.4 Beta and Uniden 396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone gotten Pro96Com 1.4 Beta to work with an Uniden 396T? it is supported (well, supposed to be). I can get it to set the freq on the scanner but that's about it.

seamusg

mike_s104 said:
Has anyone gotten Pro96Com 1.4 Beta to work with an Uniden 396T? it is supported (well, supposed to be). I can get it to set the freq on the scanner but that's about it.
Pro96Com is a control channel montitoring utility for the PRO96/2096.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
...which can also command another scanner to receive the audio...

seamusg

rdale said:
...which can also command another scanner to receive the audio...
I've found one problem with that, with the PRO96 on Com 4 and the BC796 on Com 2, it doesn't work (Com2 input/output range 02F8-02FF Com4 input/output range 02E8-02EF).

kikito

Premium Subscriber
mike_s104 said:

Yes, I got it working fine using the BCD396T as the voice scanner. When you say you can get it to set the freq. and nothing else, do you mean that the BCD396T switches to the right frequency but doesn't decode the digital P25? If that's the case, then you need turn off the CTCSS/DCS Search feature on the BCD396T.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
kikito said:
Yes, I got it working fine using the BCD396T as the voice scanner. When you say you can get it to set the freq. and nothing else, do you mean that the BCD396T switches to the right frequency but doesn't decode the digital P25? If that's the case, then you need turn off the CTCSS/DCS Search feature on the BCD396T.

maybe I was using it in the wrong manner. I was setting the control channel with it and I was expecting more. thanks for the replies.

seamusg

mike_s104 said:
maybe I was using it in the wrong manner. I was setting the control channel with it and I was expecting more. thanks for the replies.
The PRO96 must be set up for the control channel, and the Uniden scanner as scanning, if it's going to the correct freq but no audio, try the above suggistion. PRO96COM get the voice channel from the control channel and sets the UNIDEN scanner to MAN on that freq. Also note the IDLE freq cannot be the control freq.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You have to tap the discriminator which requires disassembling your radio and some soldering - do a search or better yet check the Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.