PRO96COM and x36HP series

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Ok, will the program work with the newer x36hp scanners or will there be a verison of it to work with the new scanners ?

Thanks, a bunch

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok, will the program work with the newer x36hp scanners or will there be a verison of it to work with the new scanners ?

Thanks, a bunch

Scanners supported: Pro96Com - Control channel decoder for P25 Trunked Radio Systems

I'm not the author. The author is active on these forums. Im guessing there is no current support because the BCD436HP/BCD536HP do not [currently] provide control channel data over the PC/IF / Serial channel.

Mike

mikey60

D

DaveNF2G

PRO96COM was written to use with GRE-manufactured scanners, not Unidens.

mikey60

PRO96COM was written to use with GRE-manufactured scanners, not Unidens.

Although it will work with the 336XT and 996XT scanners since they have the CC output function and it will decode the files the HP1 creates... And the Uniden models can be controlled by the program.

Mike

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Is this something that can be added in future updates? I found it interesting that all Uniden statements/advertising for the new scanners never compared it to the 396/996 XT, almost as if those scanners never existed. One wonders if Motorola quietly asked them to omit CC output data??

Regardless they are only giving people more reasons to build "homebrew" XTS's...

PhillyPhoto

One wonders if Motorola quietly asked them to omit CC output data??

Regardless they are only giving people more reasons to build "homebrew" XTS's...

I highly doubt that, $20 on an RTL dongle and UniTrunker and you're up and running, why bother trying to keep it out of a $5-600 scanner?

People go to XTS/APX radios because LSM isn't an issue and the audio quality will knock a scanner out of the water. You can't get control channel data from a radio either.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
People go to XTS/APX radios because LSM isn't an issue and the audio quality will knock a scanner out of the water. You can't get control channel data from a radio either.

And for Dynamic Site Roaming and better selectivity, among other things. I have no comment about CC data, except to note that the term "homebrew" does not mean "for use right out of the box"...

PhillyPhoto

And for Dynamic Site Roaming and better selectivity, among other things. I have no comment about CC data, except to note that the term "homebrew" does not mean "for use right out of the box"...
I was actually thinking about this earlier today I believe (if it's what you're talking about). The audio passes to external microphones, so you could setup a channel with the control channel as a conventional channel and modify a connector to a mono Jack instead of a speaker, and plug it in to a computer. Our better yet, get one of the adapters for surveillance ear pieces that accept plug in audio cables.

That's how I would do it anyway, without actually programing the system and trying to figure out how to pull the data from it that way.

If that's not what you're talking about, then I have no idea what a homebrew XTS is in this context.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I was actually thinking about this earlier today I believe (if it's what you're talking about). The audio passes to external microphones, so you could setup a channel with the control channel as a conventional channel and modify a connector to a mono Jack instead of a speaker, and plug it in to a computer. Our better yet, get one of the adapters for surveillance ear pieces that accept plug in audio cables.

That's how I would do it anyway, without actually programing the system and trying to figure out how to pull the data from it that way.

If that's not what you're talking about, then I have no idea what a homebrew XTS is in this context.

One word: JTAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.