Pro96Com Enhancement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Is there a chance that we can get the manufacturer of the system to display in Pro96Com, maybe in the site information tab where the CW ID, etc. are? The Manufacturer ID is broadcast regularly on the control channel of a P25 system.

Manufacturer ID / Manufacturer

$10 / Relm/BK Radio
$20 / Cycomm
$28 / Efratom Time and Frequency Products, Inc.
$30 / Com-Net Ericsson
$38 / Datron
$40 / Icom
$48 / Garmin
$50 / GTE
$55 / IFR Systems
$60 / GEC-Marconi
$68 / Kenwood Communications
$70 / Glenayre Electronics
$74 / Japan Radio Co.
$78 / Kokusai
$7C / Maxon
$80 / Midland
$86 / Daniels Electronics Ltd.
$90 / Motorola
$A0 / Thales
$A4 / M/A-COM
$B0 / Raytheon
$C0 / SEA
$C8 / Securicor
$D0 / ADI
$D8 / Tait Electronics
$E0 / Teletec
$F0 / Transcrypt International

mikey60

99% of the data transmitted on the control channel is MFGR Code $00.

The only time a manufacturer code is transmitted that I've seen is the case where there's a non-standard control channel message that uses a manufacturer specific message.

Mike

mikey60

Not all is 00 ;)

The new 380 system 0157 in Los Angeles uses a Mfg code of 90

09 90 0B 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 3D FE 04/12 15:08:55 Unknown Op=09 Mfg: 90

Ok, so there's a Motorola defined packet. (And if anyone knows what that particular packet type means I'd love to hear it). Tell me exactly why I should take this as the system is a Motorola system? The Mfg code only means that this is an extension to the protocol that Motorola added, it doesn't mean that another manufacturer won't use it as well if they have the need.

Patches are another area that use Mfg 0x90 type packets, but other manufacturers also use those, so there's no guarantee that it's a Motorola system, simply because these packets exist on the system.

Mike

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Just identifying the code's manufacturer would be nice. Doesn't necessarily need to identify the system but a small bit of text identifying who it is would be helpful.

Saves time on looking it up.

mikey60

Just identifying the code's manufacturer would be nice. Doesn't necessarily need to identify the system but a small bit of text identifying who it is would be helpful.

Saves time on looking it up.

This is done for the next release. The CC dump data will contain the Mfg ID for any non-standard packets, and unknown packets should also be tagged with the Mfg Name

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.