Pro96Com Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

Looking for some guidance. I suddenly started to receive these errors running Pro96Com, and it won't decode the control channel data, or allow me to select a port. These come up whenever I try to access any of the menus. Didn't happen until this weekend. I tried running the program in compatability mode for Windows 7 and Windows 8, but no change. Removed it and redownloaded it, and no change.

Any help? Thanks!

991.JPG

992.JPG

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Turn the scanner off, unplug the USB/Serial adapter cable, reinstall the USB driver for your USB cable. Reboot the PC, plug the USB cable in, turn the scanner ON. See if that helps.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Turn the scanner off, unplug the USB/Serial adapter cable, reinstall the USB driver for your USB cable. Reboot the PC, plug the USB cable in, turn the scanner ON. See if that helps.

Same cable and 396XT are functioning fine with other programs.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I run into this occasionally with that and another program using the scanner. I usually just have to close the program and bring it back up, but occasionally, I need to follow all the steps that @iMONITOR mentioned except reinstalling the USB driver for your USB cable.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Windows 10 had an update recently. Did this start after that?

Yes, yes it did. But I'm not sure which update as it's been quite a while since I used the software. I'll rollback to December and see what happens.

Also this does appear to be an issue with the program not drivers or cable, because of the one "access module" error, and that the cable and radio work with all other programs.

Last edited:

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Rolled back updates to December 2019, including security updates. No change. Still getting this when I try to access the decode settings:

Which also has the port selection greyed out.

This is a problem with the program for some reason. Can someone upload or share their working program file? I've redownloaded it from the Pro96Com page and still get the same result.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
PRO96COM has a Yahoo Group that might be able to help.

The guy who wrote it is Michael Vander Veer. He used to frequent RR and offer support but I haven't seen him around in some time. Maybe he'll see this and respond.

Here is the website for the software but I'm not seeing Mike's email on there anywhere.

PRO96COM Manual

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Update: I think something is corrupt on my old HP junker. Pro96Com is working fine on my work ToughBook and my wife's laptop. Oh well...time for a new PC...

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.