pro96com help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
greetings, can someone help me... a year ago, I tried out the pro96com P25 decode system on my Pro-106 scanner and it worked very very well. My computer crashed around a month ago, and I am now running on a fully repaired computer (PC) windows xp operating system just like before.

I just downloaded the latest version of pro96com and I can't remember how to get it working again with my Pro-106. I wish to decode P25 9800bd rate local sheriff and fire, and they are digital P25.

I have downloaded pro96com

I have the 106 turned on
I have the radioshack usb cable attatched to the computer
which I also use to program the 106 using psredit500 software

I am not able to decode, Im not sure the com port is correct... I tried to rescan the port to locate the correct one, and Im still not getting anywhere...

Does the DSP and CC dump on the 106 need to be ON or OFF?
do I need to MANUALLY set a CC on the scanner, or leave it in scan?

Im stumped, and I really miss the pro96com decoder software system.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
pro96com help

WIN500 works, PSRedit500 and ID Tracker III all work with my Pro-106 and the RS USB cable... I just need instructions to follow as if I were a "beginner"... do I need to turn on CC dump and DSP dump? Do I need to program a CC manually on the 106 in analyze mode? I have used this program before, and it worked well for me. I had put the program to use so long ago in the beginning, that I am not sure how to initially set it up to configure.

Kevin

mobile1

Hi . CC dump should be on. Radio is scanning system. Push manual then push F2 then push F3 then push up/down key until you get the strongest CC. Start Pro96com now .

Jim41

WIN500 works, PSRedit500 and ID Tracker III all work with my Pro-106 and the RS USB cable... I just need instructions to follow as if I were a "beginner"... do I need to turn on CC dump and DSP dump? Do I need to program a CC manually on the 106 in analyze mode? I have used this program before, and it worked well for me. I had put the program to use so long ago in the beginning, that I am not sure how to initially set it up to configure.

Kevin

You should not have to turn on CC dump or DSP dump. Turn on the scanner. Select the scanlist with the system you want to monitor. Press FUNC and then press TUNE. This should display control channel data on the radio display. Then start Pro96com. In the lower right hand corner of the screen there is a button labeled Read Data From the Radio. Left click on that button. Data should start being displayed on the computer screen.

(I can't remember whether you have to enter a COM port number in the program, or whether it finds the COM port automatically.)

Jim41

mikey60

Kevin

You don't need to worry about the CC dump on/off on the scanner. Pro96Com will send the command to the radio needed to turn it on...

Make sure that on the decode configuration page that you have the correct com port and the correct scanner type.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.