Pro96com program and Pro-96/2096 Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having problem using a program called pro96. It's used to get the talk groups from the pro96 or 2096. I'm communicating ok with both and the usb cable when programming with win96 so I know that is not the problem. I searched in the 800 range for trunking signals and find them. Then set up as instructed but no data comes into the data window.

Has anyone had success with this program and the 96/2096? If so I could use some help here!!!

Thanks,
Bill

mikey60

Anyone using this software and scanner combo with success. I could use some help. I found some channels to monitor and find talk groups but they don't seem to be going into the program.

Some help would be great if you use this setup.

Thanks,
Bill

What type of system are you monitoring? The Pro-96/2096 will only feed P25 9600bps control channel data via the PC/IF port. It doesn't feed any information from any other type of system, or from a voice channel.

If you park on a control channel for the system in manual mode, the bottom line should show M96: as the first few characters. If it does not, then the system cannot be monitored using Pro96Com.

Mike (Pro96Com author)

n0lqt

Pro96Com can only decode data from a P-25 Motorola Trunk system on a 9600 baud control channel.

N8IAA

Having problem using a program called pro96. It's used to get the talk groups from the pro96 or 2096. I'm communicating ok with both and the usb cable when programming with win96 so I know that is not the problem. I searched in the 800 range for trunking signals and find them. Then set up as instructed but no data comes into the data window.Has anyone had success with this program and the 96/2096? If so I could use some help here!!!Thanks,Bill

Bill, my guess is that they are a 3600 baud system, or, they have the repeater up and it is not transmitting anything. That happens on the new P-25 system in the county where I live. When they are testing, I monitor all kinds of stuff. Are you at least getting the SYSID? When you look at the scanner screen in manual mode, do you see a 96: SYXX, TXXXX, and a BEE00 on the bottom line? That tells you that it is a 9600 baud system. This is the only kind of system that Pro96com will decode.
HTH,
Larry

Well I'm not sure exactly it is I have. They are just a search range in the 800's that the scanner stopps on. I here the machine gun sound so I think it's a group type system.

As for 3600 BPS I think your right. I thought the prog was for 9600. Will go back and check. Thanks for the help.

Bill

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Well I'm not sure exactly it is I have. They are just a search range in the 800's that the scanner stopps on. I here the machine gun sound so I think it's a group type system.

As for 3600 BPS I think your right. I thought the prog was for 9600. Will go back and check. Thanks for the help.

Bill
Program the CC into a Motorola bank and select MANUAL. This will give you a detailed line 4 display of system type.

Status
Not open for further replies.