PRO96COM voice scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireboy1475

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,

When using a voice scanner alongside a control channel data scanner does my voice scanner need to be programmed specifically for the system I'm monitoring or with the PRO96COM application input the necessary information.

Thanks.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireboy1475

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone recommend a good scanner to use with PRO96COM that could serve as both a decoder AND voice scanner (interchangeable as I would purchase 2) that will also receive P2 TDMA, etc etc etc. I would also like the ability to plug directly into USB for charging or for power.

When I look in the PRO96COM programs drop down menus it appears that the listed decode and voice scanners are different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Read the list in the PDF of what works. I use one of my PRO-96s for feed in, and my BCD396XT to feed or as voice scanner depending on what I am working on.

mikey60

The decoding side is more limited than the voice side. It depends on what the scanner provides on it's serial interface to the scanner.

Some of the Uniden models can be controlled, but do not provide a usable data stream from the serial port. Some of the RS/GRE/Whistler models provide a usable data stream but cannot be controlled (PRO-96/PSR-800/WS1080 families).

It's difficult to have a complete list of models that are supported each way.

Mike

Fireboy1475

Premium Subscriber
The decoding side is more limited than the voice side. It depends on what the scanner provides on it's serial interface to the scanner.

Some of the Uniden models can be controlled, but do not provide a usable data stream from the serial port. Some of the RS/GRE/Whistler models provide a usable data stream but cannot be controlled (PRO-96/PSR-800/WS1080 families).

It's difficult to have a complete list of models that are supported each way.

Mike

Then I guess my final question would be which scanner would be TDMA P2 voice capable and PRO96COM controllable?

Status
Not open for further replies.