Pro97 Dusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrf

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the latest info. on if anything can be done to get my pro97 to handle the rebanding or should I just leave it alone and still let it collect dust , did RS ever come back and let us know on what they have found out , it would be nice if they keep us updated , I have bought scanners from RS for years .

DickH

Does anyone have the latest info. on if anything can be done to get my pro97 to handle the rebanding or should I just leave it alone and still let it collect dust , did RS ever come back and let us know on what they have found out , it would be nice if they keep us updated , I have bought scanners from RS for years .

Rebanding only affects 800MHz Motorola trunked systems. It all depends on the freqs. in the system. The PRO-97 can monitor some rebanded systems. If ALL the freqs. have a 5 in the 4th decimal place (like 851.0125) it will work 100%. If there are freqs. that have a zero in that 4th decimal place (like 851.7250, the scanner can not follow conversations on those freqs. Theoretically, if there is only one "zero" freq. in a system that uses 10 freqs. your PRO-97 should follow about 90% of the conversations.

svtyone

i use a pro-97 all the time its my air and analog tunk scanner. i use it for the san diego city 800mhz trunk system.never upgraded or modified. works great and i got for 75 bucks 2 years ago used on craigslist. still working today. i say power it up and find your local analog/ conv. freq and see what happens. there is no way for it to be used on digital systems. it will recieve them but all you hear is machine gun sounds cause it cant decoded the digital signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.