Pro97 not recieving in scan mode for Edacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droid53

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone help? I have programmed my Pro97 with the New Brevard County Frequencies for EDACS. I hear the transmission on Manual and when I scan nothing stops to receive. I have it all set up for Edacs and DEC are correct. Any help on this wold be appreciated.

Thank you

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone help? I have programmed my Pro97 with the New Brevard County Frequencies for EDACS. I hear the transmission on Manual and when I scan nothing stops to receive. I have it all set up for Edacs and DEC are correct. Any help on this wold be appreciated.

Thank you

Simple things to start with-
Are you SURE you have the frequencies in the proper channels? (search forums and wiki to see this recurring issue)
Do you have the channels set to ED?
Do you have the talkgroups set to ED?
Are the signals received STRONG? (it takes substantial signal strength for trunking to work)

SCPD

QRT
In addition to the previous posters suggestions, are the EDAC channels programmed in the correct logical order?

Droid53

Premium Subscriber
Re-Pro97

Yes, I have all the Frequencies in order and all the ED's are turned on.

What I was told was, Replace the New Frequencies with the old ones in the same order. I can only hear the transmission in the manual mode. I even tried using different banks to make sure.

Highpockets

Yes, I have all the Frequencies in order and all the ED's are turned on.

What I was told was, Replace the New Frequencies with the old ones in the same order. I can only hear the transmission in the manual mode. I even tried using different banks to make sure.

So, if they are in the proper order, depending on what tower your using, the first frequency is in channel 09 or 11 correct?

Droid53

Premium Subscriber
Re-Pro97

Your right, I set up the Frequencies like listed in the data base from the number they say to satr with and it worked. 1 other question? Can I lockout the first 0 to 10 cahnnels or you have to keep them open.
It's now working and I want tahnk everyone for their help. RadioReference is the best.
Have a nice day and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Highpockets

Your right, I set up the Frequencies like listed in the data base from the number they say to satr with and it worked. 1 other question? Can I lockout the first 0 to 10 cahnnels or you have to keep them open.
It's now working and I want tahnk everyone for their help. RadioReference is the best.
Have a nice day and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Read this thread, it mentions something about that.

http://forums.radioreference.com/florida-radio-discussion-forum/151823-brevard-county-rebanding.html

Status
Not open for further replies.