pro97 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpatrick95678

I am a worker at radio shack. The most common problem with the pro 97 is the squelch. It goes out after about 40hrs of operation. If this happens within the first 90 days the scanner can be exchanged for a new one. If they dont exchange it call the distrect manager, the will almost always lean your way.

KLH

Feed Provider
We have had our PRO-97 on for WEEKS at a time, for several months, without ever being shut off, and have had no problems...

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
It could be a poor solder conection to the board due to the fact it uses a dual potentiometer. I check with the service department at Ft. Worth to be sure.

On the PRO-96 it was an allways open squelch. I had two with the open squelch problem.

scanall

I have two of them ones about a year old. No problems. RS sells a lot of PRO- 97s .Great radio for the price. Someone said if you want features buy uniden. If you want proformance buy Radio Shack. Something to think about.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
scanall said:
I have two of them ones about a year old. No problems. RS sells a lot of PRO- 97s .Great radio for the price. Someone said if you want features buy uniden. If you want proformance buy Radio Shack. Something to think about.

Yea, like the PRO-2055 display...

Actually both GRE and Unden have "features", just like a Ford or Chevy car, IMHO.

As for my PRO-97, it works just fine, and it was one of the first date codes off the assembly line.

Status
Not open for further replies.