pro97

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKaiser1001

Hows does it compare to others, why am i getting beeps on 800.0000 chanels and other trunking chanels?
How do i set up trunking in my area. Ohio, Chilocothie.
What woud be a good outside antenna for my scanner,it is in my house. A mag antenna would work fine.
I live on the highest hill in my area and get signals from three county's.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The PRO-97 is an older scanner. It does not support most rebanded Motorola type trunked systems. The most common reason for beeping in 800MHz is because you are trying to monitor an EDACS system that has not been properly programmed in to the scanner.

Magnetic mount antennas work on automobiles because they are metal. It won't work well on a house because there is no ground plane. I use a magnetic mount when mobile, but a discone when at home. Radio Shack has one (or used to) but then so does ScannerMaster and a host of other locations.

The steps I suggest you take are:
- Ask in a forum for your state what scanners others are using
- You might need a digital or newer scanner to receive what you desire
- Get the programming software for the scanner you select
- I use WIN97 to program the PRO-97
- Read the manual for the scanner. Trunking is complex to learn
- Also read the Wiki section here on RR for a broader view of terms/etc

scottymcneill8657

Premium Subscriber
The Pro-97 will still support rebanded Motorola systems- you just have to set it up through win97 in the extended tables section under "Channels".(No way to change banding on scanners directly as far as I know- software will do it though.) I've done about 75 of these this way - part of my job- and every one has worked for rebanding. Someone should change the wiki for this scanner.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-97

The Pro-97 will still support rebanded Motorola systems- you just have to set it up through win97 in the extended tables section under "Channels.
The table you speak of in WIN97 applies to other scanners supported such as PRO-164 and PSR-300, NOT the PRO-97.

Yes, SOME rebanded Motorola sytems can be completely scanned by the PRO-97; but it depends on the specific VOICE frequencies used by the system. What happens on non-supported systems is when the voice switches to one of the new channels, the scanner gets lost (goes to the wrong frequency). There are quite a few threads regarding this topic here on RR.

N8IAA

Hows does it compare to others, why am i getting beeps on 800.0000 chanels and other trunking chanels?
How do i set up trunking in my area. Ohio, Chilocothie.
What woud be a good outside antenna for my scanner,it is in my house. A mag antenna would work fine.
I live on the highest hill in my area and get signals from three county's.

The fact that you have posted this same question, in two separate forums, and not gotten the answer you are looking for, means that you need to post what 800MHz frequencies/systems you are trying to monitor.
Larry

n5ims

Probably the biggest issue you're having is that the Pro-97 is an analog scanner and most of the trunking in your county is digital (both of the Ohio MARCS, old and new require a digital scanner). There's also the issue about rebanding that may cause you problems since the older versions (Pro-97 and Pro-2055) don't have the ability to change the trunking tables that the newer versions have (although the software makes it look like it can).

If you get a new digital scanner you probably will be able to pick up these systems as you desire.

Ross County, Ohio (OH) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Ohio MARCS - Multi-Agency Radio Communications Trunking System, Statewide, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies
Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25) Trunking System, Various, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.