Probably innocent, but curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirScan

So it wasn't N22202 ? The only other C210 that I could find that showed up on FR24 that was in that area passed by at 10am on the morning of Sep 12th, but it was heading southwest and its registration was blocked.

ATCTech

I think you've solved the mystery! Back it off to just ADS-B and Space-based ADS-B for your day to day use but for fun turn on M-LAT and/or ATC radar from time to time and see if any targets suddenly duplicate, especially when both M-LAT and ATC radar are selected.

Ubbe

If I remember correctly those two aircrafts with N numbers I where following also had lots of 2's in them but I think it was a 4 in them as well, but it was the last two digits that where swapped. Something like N22402 and N22420 and I think they originated from canada but at different times and took different routes but both stayed overnight in island. The next morning they flew so close together as they looked to be one object but then landed at two different airports, one in norway. Perhaps it was Mil airplanes flying in formation as it didn't seem to be more than a 100ft between them.

/Ubbe

RFSnoop

I think you've solved the mystery! Back it off to just ADS-B and Space-based ADS-B for your day to day use but for fun turn on M-LAT and/or ATC radar from time to time and see if any targets suddenly duplicate, especially when both M-LAT and ATC radar are selected.
From the beginning, I expected it to turn out to be something unexciting, but was kind of hoping... I will change my FR24 settings as you suggest and try to educate myself a bit on the data sources and parameters. Thank you!

ATCTech

We're always happy to help, especially when there's a bit of challenge involved! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.