Probably Nothing There, But...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanaholic

I just peeked in at the FCC licenses for Taylor Co. and found a frequency for the Abilene Police of 453.250.

I doubt there's anything there, because I've never known them to use anything on UHF.

nd5y

Look at the notes on the license. it says:
AUDIO & DATA LINK FOR REMOTE BOMB ROBOT USED BY POLICE DEPT FOR PUBLIC SAFETY AND TO DIFFUSE TERRORIST THREATS FOR HOMELAND SECURITY.

We just had a license submitted in Pittsburgh similar to this one. I'm not sure what chatter will be heard. Let us know if you are able to pick up ausio during training exercises, or God forbid, an incident of some type.

Take a look at this page of the filing, after I clicked on the emission designator ("Define View"):

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/App...=E&applID=4879093&keyLoc=-1&pageNumToReturn=1

Pull up this page to decode. I couldn't find an FCC source with all the emission designators on it. I was able to pull up the APCO site and confirm a couple.

Emission Designators

It looks like your VOICE channel might be straight analog. You'll just have to be close enough to pick up the signal (just a guess).

Status
Not open for further replies.