Probbly a on going issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinlp

I have a Puxing 777 lucky me, and the battery pack has been lose, well i fix that but for some odd reason idk if that had anything to do with this but my number 001 channel ihas a error on it, wont come up or anything, when i type in 001 the voice thing saids channel 001 error then goes back to the prev channel. i've tried to do the reset but funny thing is a can only do a VFO reset, it will not even let me do a FULL reset, just makes a beeping sound, are you suppose to hold the button or do anything special for a FULL reset kinda like a security trick? im just tryin to hit enter one time when FULL is shown on the screen. somebody please help, i really need to get my channel one back, its my main channel, plus i need to add a few more work channels. thanks

SAR923

How exactly did you "fix" the loose battery pack? Sounds like that was the start of your troubles so I'd look there to see what's wrong. You're also using a Chinese POS radio that is likely to fail at any time for almost any reason. If you're using it for business frequencies, you're also breaking the law since it's not FCC type approved. Maybe it's time to consider moving up to a real radio.

justinlp

its a simple fix. adjust the three little battery connectors, they were stickin out too far so i removed the orange lookin rubber peace around them and pushed them back in some, then the battery locked in place and wouldnt move. so anybody got anything i can try to fix the radio. i am ordering a vertex vx920 but i also wanna still have this for backup, its handly and has the scrambler that we use a lot.

n8emr

DIdnt know the Puxing 777 was type accepted for import or use in the US.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
DIdnt know the Puxing 777 was type accepted for import or use in the US.
Here's a link to one company that is selling the VHF version for amateur radio use.

By looking up the FCC ID number that Argent Data supplies, it appears that the FCC has certified the radio for Part 90.

justinlp

I noticed on that site you can buy the programing cable and software for around 21 bucks, does anyone know if this would allow you to reset full or to delete everything and re-enter everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.