Problem getting SDRTrunk to Work with Broadcastify Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicCTemple

Feed Provider
I'm trying to set up Calls for Chester County Pa, but I'm having difficulty with the pc part of it. Is there a video or a "Instructions For Dummies" that someone can refer me to? Thanks in advance.

RicCTemple

Feed Provider
I've been trying to set up a Calls for Chester County Pa with zero success. The system is Project 25 Phase 2. I purchased two SDR dongles however they are not decoding P25 2 at all when I use SDR Trunk. I'm trying to learn Ubuntu in order to use OP25 as a P25 Phase 2 decoder, but most of it is Greek to me.

Is there a way to use a Uniden BCD325P2 for Calls? If not is there a step by step break down for newbies of how to successfully set up SDR for Calls on a P25 Phase 2 radio network? I currently have a Broadcastify feed for this county and I have no issues receiving a clear signal for the Chester County Harris radio network. Chester County Law Enforcement Dispatch Live Audio Feed

Thanks in advance.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If you are creating P25 Phase II channels in SDRTrunk, don't. All you need to do is to create a P25 Phase I channel definition for the control channel(s); SDRTrunk will recognize the Phase II talkgroups and will dynamically create and breakdown Phase II traffic channels on its own.

RicCTemple

Feed Provider
These are screen shots of when the SDR Trunk is listening to NOAA and when it's listening to Chester County. The message reads "SYNC LOSS -BITS PROCESSED [1570].

NOAA.pngChester 1.pngChester2.pngChester3.pngNOAA.pngNOAA.pngNOAA.pngChester 1.pngNOAA.png

wa3riz

Premium Subscriber
If you are creating P25 Phase II channels in SDRTrunk, don't. All you need to do is to create a P25 Phase I channel definition for the control channel(s); SDRTrunk will recognize the Phase II talkgroups and will dynamically create and breakdown Phase II traffic channels on its own.

GTR8000 - Thanks for this tidbit of information. I don't recall seeing that anywhere else.

wa3riz

Premium Subscriber
Ric, Roughly, where are you located? What kind of antenna are you using?
I can't see any of the text in the graphics you sent, shrunk a bit too much maybe?
But, in the FFT and Waterfall, I see very little in the way of signal. It looks to me that you either simply don't have a strong enough signal or you've got the RF gain all the way up and the signal is lost in the noise, or both.

I'm in King of Prussia with a pretty broadband yagi pointed at Eagleville(North).
I entered East Central Simulcast Chester 851.0625 control channel. I am picking up Chesco with fairly regular dropouts from tuner unavailable. I'm not sure, but it strikes me that Chesco is using a pretty broad range of freqs compared to Montco which may account for the tuner unavail messages.

Attached is a screen shot of just the tuner listening on 851.0625
Note that I pulled the top screen down a bit to enlarge it.

Regards, Jeff20210415_165329_screen_capture.png

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
In your first screenshot, it looks like your ppm is off. Look at the signal peak above the noise floor. Look at the green vertical line in the noise floor and look at the red vertical line in the waterfall. They should be inline with each other when properly tuned. The pic on the left is your first pic zoomed and the one on the right is mine. You want it to look like what's on the right.

eeee.png bbbb2.JPG

You also have a pic showing 2 sites for Chester with one selected as playing. There is only one freq shown in the pic, looks like 851.0625, so if your playing only one control channel, and that's not the active control channel, there is nothing for Sdtrunk to follow. Download the system as p25 phase 1 (as @GTR8000 suggested) and select cc and alternates so you have all channels the system may use as a control channel.

Download the West Simulcast site. You stated your using 2 dongles but did not say which ones. The East Central site spans 9.425Mhz and the West site spans 4.375Mhz. 2 dongles set at a sample rate of 2.4 on the West site should work. To my knowledge, your not going to cover 9.425Mhz of spectrum with 2 dongles unless they are Airspy or similar.

Below is a phase 2 system that I run and there is 1 cc and 3 alternates. When the active cc changes, it scans the others until it finds the active one.

my phase 2 system.JPG

Attachments

• cccc.JPG
    cccc.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 5
  • my phase 2 system.JPG
    my phase 2 system.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 8

kmckinney7

Feed Provider
" they are not decoding P25 2 at all when I use SDR Trunk "

Quick check: Did you set up the JMBE decoder? Press 'U' from the Playlist editor then click on the JMBE Audio Library under Decoder. Should be something after "File:". If not, just click the button to create. I hope that helps, if not you maybe someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.