Problem getting Trunked in Eugene Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreed1232

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have it working ? What do I need to do for a RadioShack Pro 96 ??

I used win96 to load the new trunked frequencies for the lane county shared public safety LMR system from the RR site into a RadioShack Pro 96 scanner.

While scanning the scanner tells me the vc frequency and the Description tag but I do not hear anything.

I was told the base frequency is 453. and it is set at 406. Shouldn't matter ??
The step is set at 25.0 KHZ and I was told it was 12.5 Khz. Tried changing.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Mike.

rcluster

Try these:

BASE: 450.0125
OFFSET: 8192
STEP: 12.5

Set the 9600 CC Mode to "Table"

I didn't come up with it, but it's working OK so far on the main Metro simulcast sites.

Ron in Eugene

DCMon

Lane County

mreed1232 said:

I used win96 to load the new trunked frequencies for the lane county shared public safety LMR system from the RR site into a RadioShack Pro 96 scanner.

While scanning the scanner tells me the vc frequency and the Description tag but I do not hear anything.

thanks

Mike.

I have been trying to monitor this system myself. All I have been getting are numbers like you but no activity. It may be to early for regular traffic. I am still hearing LCSO on their 460.2250 and 460.4250 analog channels? If and when you hear something come back and post what, where, etc. I'll do the same.

DCMon

metro

rcluster said:
Try these:

BASE: 450.0125
OFFSET: 8192
STEP: 12.5

Set the 9600 CC Mode to "Table"

I didn't come up with it, but it's working OK so far on the main Metro simulcast sites.

Ron in Eugene

Are you hearing traffic or just trunking signals.

rcluster

EPD is up on the new system as of May 7th. Once they switched over I haven't heard them on their conventional freqs at all.

SPD comes and goes. They are on the new system again as of today.

LCSO is still on their conventional freqs. Have only heard them doing radio checks on the new system.

EWEB is on the new system, but possible still also using their conventional freqs some also. I don't normally include their conventional freqs in my scan so I don't know for sure.

mreed1232

Premium Subscriber
Thank You

I can hear some now.
Thanks.

Get scrambled voice pitch sometimes.

I'll try listening awhile and get back with what I find.

Mike

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Greetings Eugene-ites!
I'm in town overnight and listening to the Eugene TRS from the RR.com inport to Win500 just fine. It seems like Ops 3 for EPD is encrypted all the time. Does that sound right? Also, I noticed that "Channel 3" is actually listed as "secondary 2" in the DB (TG20053). Just a suggestion that you may want to include notes in the DB, or change the DB to reflect this usage. I get the impression that the TRS is brand new, correct?
By the way, I borrowed a bike from the hotel here (Valley River Inn) and rode along the bike path by the river. What a beautiful place! I'll be coming back here again for sure!
CM

DCMon

Hearing some traffic now

I made some adjustments to my indoor antenna (can't have an outdoor) and now can hear radio traffic on this system. I seem to only get data channel 460.2125 which I believe is near Cottage Grove. So I am occasionally hearing EPD, SPD and EWEB, no LCSO yet. When I get traffic it sounds good and clear. I do hear LCSO analog really good. I live down by Roseburg so thats why I am getting just this one site. I realize I am out of the area, just curious because it is a trunked system. Don't have any like this down here to play around with and enjoy.

DCMon

Question

Does anyone know who posted the info on the Eugene-Lane County Shared Public Safety LMR. I would like to know how they came up with the information. Did they do it through monitoring or obtain it by other means such as the internet. Just curious.

Baker845

DCMON they can and probely found through monitoring the system by TG-search, If you want to found more tg you need to do a TG-Search, if you have bcd-396t you shouldnt have any trouble doing TG search.

baker845

rcluster

I don't know if anyone else submitted info also, but most of what is there matches my submission. TG 20699 Interop 1 doesn't exist as far as I know. I have never heard that TG and did not submit that entry. And obviously the alpha tags for the LCSO Tac 1 through 3 are wrong. Figured I would submit a correction eventually, waiting to see if I get any other new info to go with it.

And to answer the question, I figured out all of the info by monitoring the system. The radio techs were doing numerous radio checks and moving through the different TG's. Just a matter of writing down what they called them and recording the TG ID's.

Oh yeah, now that EPD is using the system full time, they are referring to 20053 as Ch 3 and 20055 as Ch 2. Fits with the way they are using them also. I'll include that in the corrections when I submit them.

Ron in Eugene

DCMon

Thanks

Thank you for the responses I was just curious to know how the information was obtained. Since it was recorded in action it has to be right. Great job and thank you.

Pendragon536

Everyone is full time TRS now. Lane County was the last to make the switch (6/3/08). Yes, some of the channels are encrypted. SPD is full encrypted on all channels, EPD is encrypted on channel two. LCSO cannel 2 and 4 (car to car) are encrypted.

derek113

dude, i live in eugene. i asked a eugene police officer about tuning in to their frequencys, and first off, its encrypted. you need a $12,000 scanner to decrypt it. have fun. :D

thanks

Mike.

Baker845

Derek113, Springfield PD is the only Dept. on the TRS that is full time encrypted, EPD and LCSO are only encrypted on 3 to 4 TGs. Its nice to know with all cuts in Law Enf. in Lane County that PDs in metro area are wasting money on encrypted system. They Could have used COPS Grant on keeping Officers on the Job...

Last edited:

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
dude, I live in Eugene. I asked a Eugene police officer about tuning in to their frequencies, and first off, its encrypted. you need a $12,000 scanner to decrypt it. have fun. :D

What??? A $12,000.00 scanner would not help you to monitor encrypted traffic. Even if you had a service monitor (A Motorola/General Dynamics R-2670 base price over $30K) with the correct encryption would not decode it without the key.

Jim

goodian1

I have a PRO-96 scanner, and have been trying for numerous hours to get this thing to receive EPD and LCSO on their new system.

It sounds like a few of you have gotten this figured out.
If so, can you email me the programming info or maybe even the programming file??

This is getting really frustrating and any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm about ready to sell this thing!!

ke7crb@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.