Problem hearing P25 signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
have question about 996p2. Trying to listen to NC CAP Repeater. I can hear the P25 Buzz on another scanner but, the 996 will not decode it. The channel is set up as listed in RadioRefernce.

Ubbe

The key question are, can you hear the P25 buzz on the 996?

If you do Hold+frequency+Hold you should hear the buzz or it should start to decode it. If you only hear the buzz and 996 doesn't mute and starts to decode then it's probably a simulcast system that are difficult to decode for a normal scanner. Unidens SDS scanners could then be a solution.

I hope that NC CAP are a system name and not a DMR system type as you then would have to get the DMR upgrade.

/Ubbe

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Trying to listen to NC CAP Repeater. I can hear the P25 Buzz on another scanner but, the 996 will not decode it. The channel is set up as listed in RadioRefernce
Most CAP repeaters are conventional analog and P25 (neither trunked nor simulcast). Also, remember that a digital signal can just disappear if the error rate gets too high (fringe area; antenna in bad spot; etc).
Here's a link to the "Easier to Read" 996XT/p2 manual to check your settings...

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I'm in CAP and we will never go DMR. We're analog and P25 only. I listen at home on my 536HP and don't program in any NAC's as it sounds garbled when programmed, instead I leave one channel analog decode and P25 decode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.