Problem loading favorites on SDS200

Diznutz129

Looking for some help. Just bought an SDS200. I have downloaded all my data under My Favorites, but when I hit “write to scanner” nothing shows up in the box. It shows my scanner on the top, but the favorites won’t appear in the box to start the writing to scanner. Any help?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Looking for some help. Just bought an SDS200. I have downloaded all my data under My Favorites, but when I hit “write to scanner” nothing shows up in the box. It shows my scanner on the top, but the favorites won’t appear in the box to start the writing to scanner. Any help?
Did you press the E/Yes button to put the scanner in Mass Storage Mode once the cable is connected to both the scanner and computer?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Did ya make sure to click "Force Write to Scanner" before writing to it?
-
To clarify for new users of the Uniden database type scanners.....

The "Force Write Full Database" checkbox in Sentinel is not for use with favorites lists. It has no effect on writing favorites lists to the scanner (as it appears that the OP is having difficulty with). It's only for writing the master database to the scanner under unusual circumstances.

It's not necessary to check the "force write full database" in Sentinel unless you are trying to over-write the master database in the scanner with one of the same date from Sentinel. The only time you would need to check that box would be if the master database in the scanner had somehow been corrupted (for example... a bad SD card), and you were trying to re-write the same date database to the scanner again.... a very rare instance.

Once you update the database in Sentinel with the new weekly update, and Sentinel sees that it's newer than the one in the scanner, just writing to the scanner will always (force write) overwrite the one in the scanner without having to check that box.

When Sentinel sees that the scanner has the same date on the database that it has in your computer, it won't write that database to the scanner again. Each time you write to the scanner for adding frequencies etc, as long as the dates in the scanner and Sentinel match, the main database in not sent to the scanner again.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I see you got it, but make sure you check the services in Sentinel depending on what you're loading.
Noting the original problem is resolved, for others that might be reading this as a result of a future search. . .

Also be sure the Download box is checked in the applicable Profile. Sometimes hand created Favorites Lists have this unchecked by default.

Einsteiger

Premium Subscriber
I've read through all of the above, made sure I changed the favorite lists to "download" in my profile....and they still won't write to the scanner. I had them on the scanner previously, but I wanted to modify them. I did a reset on the SDS100 itself to clean the slate, but now I cannot get the programmed favorites lists in my profile to write down to the scanner. A wee bit frustrating.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I’m sure it’ll be something simple just aggravating to find.

Can you take the sd card from the scanner and use a card reader on the computer?

That would rule out issues with cables, ports and connectors.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I've read through all of the above, made sure I changed the favorite lists to "download" in my profile....and they still won't write to the scanner.

You have this going in 2 different threads now.

In any event, you only answered 2 of the 3 questions Steve asked you. What is the file size on those favorites lists?

Anything over 1 meg (1000kb) will not download to the scanner.

View attachment 138101

Probably better to ask a moderator to combine all of your posts relating to this matter.

Attachments

• 1678660156652.png
    1678660156652.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 1

Einsteiger

Premium Subscriber
In the interest of...whatever, I'll confine any further exchanges to the other thread. The third answer is: Unknown. I don't know the file sizes of the two favorite lists, but they are not long.