BC796D: problem programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

cracin

Premium Subscriber
put BC_VUP_V2 ..0.0.7 zip on my unidenbc796d and at end of upgrade i get error--now screen is black.plug in it flases ten black-- can i recoop it for my wife? please explain

cracin

Premium Subscriber
bc796d is dead

i tried 100 time with same result.i hold i/o-6 and scan --screen is lit it eraces the rewrights from beginning then has an error at end.screen is now black.can i factory reset this to get it back?is there a better loader and program out there to fix this..17 hrs now with no luck.please help--not even sure what file to try to use

cracin

Premium Subscriber
again --how do i reset a uniden bc796d scanner.it is locked in upgrade.black screen.i was told to update to new files,after i attenpted to do this it stoped at end and said error.now my screen is black unless i push i/o 6 scan and i get a yellow screen with nothing

cracin

Premium Subscriber
im sorry

I think I loaded wrong file or update----I bought on ebay this scanner for my wife.from texas---was told to flash with file from radiofrenquances.com. I have a bc 796d--first program I tried was freescan however was not for my model..then I found BC_VUP_v2.0.0.7 zip------the file I tried was bc796d_v3_60 scn-----program started and eraced scanner then updated furmware to end then I get a error--- Programming error!!connect your scanner to pc with a standard pc interface-----keep connected to xternal power---now I get nothing screen flashes yellow for a second then black

captclint

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I think I loaded wrong file or update
Yes BC_VUP v2.0.0.7 is the correct one, and you need to register your product in order to download firmware from Uniden, From your msg, I think you have obtained it, so try this file again
You must follow the instructions exactly as shown. http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC796DFirmwareUpdate
BTW, this scanner has an RS-232 connector, and you probably do not have one on your PC. If not.you will need to get an adapter.

Last edited:

cracin

Premium Subscriber
cable for bc796d

it came with a cable---usb to serial-----I have tried it 100 times at least----gets to end and stops with error

captclint

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

cracin

Premium Subscriber
bc796d problems

is there a older file I can try with this loader to see if I can get box out of setup mode---this is file I tried to load----BC796d_v3_60.scn--can someone point me where to find a older file than this to try

Status
Not open for further replies.