Problem Reports of No Audio - But Audio Just Takes A While to Kick In

GAwxGeek

Feed Provider
Hello,

I tried to send this directly to @GordonE as he reported problems with my audio feed (no audio), but I couldn't message him directly so I'm posting here.

I received problem reports on Broadcastify referencing no audio on my stream for NOAA Weather Radio Mt. Cheaha AL. There is audio every time I've checked it after receiving the problem report, however, I'm finding it can take up to 20 seconds for the audio stream to kick in after it says it's connected. I'm not sure why that is though. If anyone has any tips or recommendations on what I could do to resolve that they would be greatly appreciated. I'm using the Broadcast Using This Tool (BUTT) program on a Linux Ubuntu machine for my stream.

Thanks.

n0esc

Feed Provider
Not familiar with that software, but I did listen to the feed. On mobile using Scanner Radio Pro app audio did not start until the 10 second mark. On Chrome desktop from the normal web interface, audio started for me right away without any issues, but it is very quiet from both. Perhaps when sending the report Gordon intended to report low volume rather than no audio at all? I would check on bumping up the volume of the scanner and or volume on the software side that you are feeding to BCFY.

shull895

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I tried to send this directly to @GordonE as he reported problems with my audio feed (no audio), but I couldn't message him directly so I'm posting here.

I received problem reports on Broadcastify referencing no audio on my stream for NOAA Weather Radio Mt. Cheaha AL. There is audio every time I've checked it after receiving the problem report, however, I'm finding it can take up to 20 seconds for the audio stream to kick in after it says it's connected. I'm not sure why that is though. If anyone has any tips or recommendations on what I could do to resolve that they would be greatly appreciated. I'm using the Broadcast Using This Tool (BUTT) program on a Linux Ubuntu machine for my stream.

Thanks.
I also noticed a distinct lag in audio. I believe it is a cloud thing as I also have noticed a distinct slowness in internet responses for everything internet. Once it starts there appears to be a 5 or 10 second delay in audio from dsd+. It is annoying.