Problem running sentinel on Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murob

Premium Subscriber
After installing Sentinel on my computer I get the following message when I try to run the program.
I have reinstalled several times and get this same message each time. I just got my SDS100 and I would like
to start programming it using the Sentinel software. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 12.25.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 12.25.13 PM.png

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
At what point in executing Sentinel does this happen? Do you have SDS100 connected to PC yet? Or the SD card in the PC?

Are you sure you have the right version of Sentinel installed? should be green shield on program icon

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Delete this folder then run Sentinel again. You should see "Reconstructing database ..." type of message.
C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\Database

Murob

Premium Subscriber
At what point in executing Sentinel does this happen? Do you have SDS100 connected to PC yet? Or the SD card in the PC?

Are you sure you have the right version of Sentinel installed? should be green shield on program icon
Error shows up as soon as I try to run Sentinel. SDS not connected to PC. SD card still in SDS100 and have the 2. ? software with Green program icon.
Delete this folder then run Sentinel again. You should see "Reconstructing database ..." type of message.

File listed not found on WIndows

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
File listed not found on WIndows
It should be there. Try this
Cut and paste this into the Win File Explorer.
%PROGRAMDATA%

After that, look for "Uniden". If you don't see it listed then type it in.
Same with "BCDx36HP_Sentinel" and "Database".
If you're at the Database folder now then delete the folder then restart Sentinel.

sfb88

Just an idea. Depending on how the user's account is set up with what rights, would it be possible that the Sentinel install program may need to be run with administrator rights to be able to create the file?

Murob

Premium Subscriber
It should be there. Try this
Cut and paste this into the Win File Explorer.
%PROGRAMDATA%

After that, look for "Uniden". If you don't see it listed then type it in.
Same with "BCDx36HP_Sentinel" and "Database".
If you're at the Database folder now then delete the folder then restart Sentinel.
Thank you so very much. It not loads and runs as designed.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
This folder should be there. If it wasn't then you will get a "Reconstructing Full Database" message automatically.

Perhaps the hidden files viewing option is disabled.

{edit}
Also you may want to try searching for the "MasterHpdb.hp1" file. That file or the hpdb.cfg file could be corrupted. If you find it, advise on the folder location.

Last edited:

Murob

Premium Subscriber
Just an idea. Depending on how the user's account is set up with what rights, would it be possible that the Sentinel install program may need to be run with administrator rights to be able to create the file?
Thanks for your suggestion. Got Sentinel running after deleting some folders and files and re-installing the software.....

Status
Not open for further replies.