Problem setting up feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mwad

I just connected a new feed and I can get it to work from a remote computer when using an internal ip address (192.168.1.100:5700).

But it will not connect from outside the address by using my Comcast IP address.

Is this going to be a firewall issue with Comcast's modem/router?

Thanks

NYRHKY94

You need to set-up "port forwarding" on your Router. Depending on which Router you have, there should be a section where you can configure port forwarding.

Mwad

You need to set-up "port forwarding" on your Router. Depending on which Router you have, there should be a section where you can configure port forwarding.

Guess i should have mentioned that i did set up port forwarding on my router.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
You do know that you can't use the 192.168.1.100 IP address from outside your network? You will need to use the actual IP address assigned to your modem followed by the :5700. Also the IP address may have changed since the last time you checked.

Mike

Last edited:

Mwad

You do know that you can't use the 192.168.1.100 IP address from outside your network? You will need to use the actual IP address assigned to your modem followed by the :5700. Also the IP address may have changed since the last time you checked.

Mike

Yeah, I realize that.

Actually, I just discovered something odd (at least I think it is).

From another computer on the same network, the feed works fine when accessing it via the internal ip address (192.168.1.100:5700), but it will not connect when using the external ip address number while connected to the network.

I can connect fine using the external ip address form a computer outside of the network though.

Status
Not open for further replies.