Problem with 2M ham listening on BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kermit1

Hello all,

I am having a problem with a specific repeater setup on my BCD996XT. I input the three channels for the VBEARS system and set them as required (as far as I know). The radio will pick up the secondary channel, but picks up nothing on the primary or the UHF frequencies. I confirmed this with my buddy. He is a licensed amateur operator and has a baofeng. I pulled up CHIRP and FreeSCAN next to each other and the perameters are set the same (PL and freq), but when he keys on the primary or the UHF channels, the scanner doesn't pick it up. I have even caught the primary channel repeater ID go off on the Baofeng and the Uniden doesn't even try to stop on it. When I listen to conversations on the secondary channel it seems fine. Nice and clear. Matches his Baofeng. But nothing on the other two channels.

Other channels I have programmed all seem to work fine, but I will caveat that with the fact that they are all conventional systems. I haven't messed with any trunking systems yet.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
If you are talking about Virginia Beach Emergency Amateur Repeater Society, I believe the frequencies are 146.970, 146.895 and 444.950. Try them in your scanner WITHOUT PL tones.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
how do you have these channels programmed into the scanner, hopefully under one conventional system with three channels,

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
As gh6406 stated, try without PL tones. Is the Baofeng using PL’s? What are they? Did you find your PL’s on RR? Are they the same as what’s on the Baofeng? Some scanners allow for PL Search, but not sure if the 996XT has this search feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.