problem with 796d

Status
Not open for further replies.

hddude

Im am having a problem with my 796 picking up the control channel on the Greenfield Wis TRS.I was having no problem with it in search mode but when i went to scan i receive nothing .Now i get nothing in scan 0r search.I know what control channel is active by picking it up on my other radio.I even programed it in manually but do not here a thing? Any help would be appreciated.

SCPD

QRT
Is it possible you have antenuation on either by system, channel or Global in the radio?
Have you tried a different antenna with the radio?

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Is there more then 1 ID programmed? Are all the "lists" on?

Can you hear the control channel noise on the 796?

Sounds like something was accidentally deleted or changed.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Im am having a problem with my 796 picking up the control channel on the Greenfield Wis TRS.I was having no problem with it in search mode but when i went to scan i receive nothing .Now i get nothing in scan 0r search.I know what control channel is active by picking it up on my other radio.I even programed it in manually but do not here a thing? Any help would be appreciated.

Greenfield appears to be a Motorola type II system Greenfield, City of Trunking System, Greenfield, Wisconsin - Scanner Frequencies , however I am seeing rumblings of OpenSky (un-monitorable by any scanner) in Milwaulkee.

http://forums.radioreference.com/wi...-milwaukee-police-now-using-opensky-only.html

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Sounds to me like you have an inactive ID list. If they are not already visible on the display, press the "." key to see what lists are active while scanning just that bank.

-AZ

You know what? I just reread your post again - you said you aren't getting anything in search either, so the above isn't applicable.

I'd ask in the Wisconsin forum. Maybe something system-specific is going on.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.