Problem with a BTC15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBCFR

Premium Subscriber
New scanner pulled it out of the box turned it on and it has pre programed system in it for ALABMA... system will not show on any lists in ARC-XT PRO software or in the radio menu...have tried seting it to Calfornia thru the radio menu but nothing changes....I have set up all the systems for my area with the software and ALABMA system is still there with no system number so I can't bypass it.....please someone tell me how to turn it off or get rid of it....been trying for 8 hrs to deleat it with no luck reset the scanner installed firmware up grade....this my first scanner in over 30 years so I know theres a learning curve...please help!....Dave

ak4fn

Highly recommend you use Freescan to program your radio (it is free) FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software

The first thing I would do is download everything from the radio and save that file as something like orginal.996 (not sure if that is the extension it will use with the 15x) maybe make a couple copies of it just to be sure. Now you can play without have to worry about screwing anything up.

I see that you are a Premium Subscriber so I would just start importing everything you want, making sure to assign quick keys to every system you make (think of systems as banks). You will see Quick Key in freescan.

I would be turning off the "State-by-State Scanning" by repeatedly tap DOT/POL/PRI and (Bear Paw)/HP/ALT until all the icons disappear. Better to make your own custom tailored to you and your exact location.

Now make sure when you scan you have some systems to scan, to bring in a system that has been assigned a Quick Key of 0-9 you can just hit that number and it will scan that system, if it is assigned 10-99 just hit the "." (period also has a no on it) the then the number of the system. So if you wanted to scan system 25 you would hit .25 and you would be scanning that system.

Hope this gets you going off to a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.