Problem with a manual added freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

donn9230

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.The freq is for my town pd 129.2550 nxdn rand 10 have it in my trx1 and works fine in sds a broke up jabble.asked mary at uniden support and she said had to fine tune it.no offense but she gets me all confused.It is not in rr data base so had to put it in manual in trx1, 4 years ago and can hear it fine but sds static when it stops on freq and plain on trx . have been setting up this new sds for 2 months now.It picks up county and other depts fine.thanks mike

ecps92

129.xxx would be in the Aviation band and "AM" not FM for NXDN

double check your frequency likely 159 not 129

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.The freq is for my town pd 129.2550 nxdn rand 10 have it in my trx1 and works fine in sds a broke up jabble.asked mary at uniden support and she said had to fine tune it.no offense but she gets me all confused.It is not in rr data base so had to put it in manual in trx1, 4 years ago and can hear it fine but sds static when it stops on freq and plain on trx . have been setting up this new sds for 2 months now.It picks up county and other depts fine.thanks mike

nessnet

Premium Subscriber

Dude - caps and spaces - please. Your post is very hard to read.....

donn9230

Yes sorry its 159, trx picks up talk and sds does not.Only a couple of miles from town.Fire and rescue comes in fine.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yes sorry its 159, trx picks up talk and sds does not.Only a couple of miles from town.Fire and rescue comes in fine.
Did you manually program it? Or did you append from the main database? If from the main database, the modulation would be set as "Auto", and for the band that frequency is in, that would default to FMN (narrow FM).

However, while I realize that NXDN, as well as DMR, are "narrow", in my experience, they sound better (for the ones I have programmed) when set, instead, as FM. That's what I use on the two NXDN trunked systems in my area.

Ubbe

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.
SDS scanenrs are easily interfered from other frequencies. If you have sucessfully entered the NXDN license key in the scanner then go to Settings in the scanner and Global auto Filter and start by turning that to Off and check if you can receive anything from that NXDN channel. Also check that you have that Department set to Global in the filter setting. Then in Setting change the filter to On and Normal and check again if you get reception. Then continue with Invert and the other settings and check if they do anything to your reception. Then finally do function+7 to enable IFX to the frequency to see if that helps.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.