Problem with acBroadcastify Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

screamin72

I am getting sick of this. I cannot get any change requested made in my stream Mr. Tidd making changing a stream name harder than it should be. I have to make the change because I am not just listening to 2 talk groups. I am listening to the whole county. I share what I listen to by streaming it while I listen. All the talk groups I am streaming are already in my description. He still asks for it. What's up with that? This aint a job for goodness sakes it is leisure!:mad:

Change from

Bethany and Warr Acres Police Dispatch

to

Central Oklahoma Public Safety Dispatchers

That name itself implies much of the area talk groups that are dispatch talk groups.

He still doesn't get it!

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
Change from

to

That name itself implies much of the area talk groups that are dispatch talk groups.

From what I am seeing, their is a major difference.

Your present listing is : Bethany and Warr Acres Police Dispatch

and your wanting to change to : Central Oklahoma Public Safety Dispatchers

I believe that your change is too generalized or broad. I do not know how many areas are covered in Central Oklahoma, but I suspect there would be more than several areas compared to the 2 areas you were using.

It probably needs to be more specific, ie: like police, fire, ems , etc. Public Safety can cover a very broad area. How many counties are in Central OK. that would be covered? I would think that they would need to be in your listing, which may be why the confusing / frustration issues.

Try breaking it down to more specific and also maybe will have to break Central Oklahoma down to several areas. Maybe running more than 1 feed , but a couple of feeds or more to cover all the areas you want in central OK.

Just a thought.....

Last edited by a moderator:
S

screamin72

That is exactly it. I like a broad range. Too many talk group to list. Unitrunker cannot stream tags anyhow. I put the main ones there. All of it is dispatch. I cannot be anymore clearer. i am not even gonna start with a new feed. One is enough to manage. It stops on all talk groups not locked out. I have all tactical and other talk groups locked out so all it is is dispatch. It's starting to get really anal trying to get my feed to where I want it without people trying to make a big task out of simply just changing the name.

Last edited:

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
I am sure you have read the info on Broadcasting Feeds.

Under the Broadcasting Feed Page : Broadcasting Feeds - The RadioReference Wiki

1.2. Feed Description - there are examples of what are good and bad descriptions

6. Requesting a Feed Change

Try talking with Rich again, and explain what and why your wanting the change, but the bottom line is his decision and if his not satisfied with your explanation, and your still not satisfied with his, and not willing to try to make changes for your feed, it is Rich's decision.

I feel your frustration and pain..

I hope you can work something out.

S

screamin72

I disagree with half of these. Its too anal. Sounds like the rules were made by some angry guy who is mad at people being human

FEED IS DISCONTINUED! I DISAGREE WITH THE RULES ON FEED NAMES!

Last edited:

richtidd

Database Admin
I am getting sick of this. I cannot get any change requested made in my stream Mr. Tidd making changing a stream name harder than it should be. I have to make the change because I am not just listening to 2 talk groups. I am listening to the whole county. I share what I listen to by streaming it while I listen. All the talk groups I am streaming are already in my description. He still asks for it. What's up with that? This aint a job for goodness sakes it is leisure!:mad:

Change from

to

He still doesn't get it!

Your request made it sound like you where changing your feed to a state wide feed with a description of: Central Oklahoma Public Safety Dispatchers that would cover several counties as there is a county & state with the same name.

I was just trying to clarify what will be on the feed.

After you clarified that is only feeds on Oklahoma County, I changed the description to:
Central Oklahoma County Public Safety Dispatch.

Sorry for the confusion.

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
Your request made it sound like you where changing your feed to a state wide feed with a description of: Central Oklahoma Public Safety Dispatchers that would cover several counties as there is a county & state with the same name.

I was just trying to clarify what will be on the feed.

After you clarified that is only feeds on Oklahoma County, I changed the description to:
Central Oklahoma County Public Safety Dispatch.

Sorry for the confusion.

There's also the city with the same name as the county and the state. I think he meant Central Oklahoma CITY, which does include his prior areas of Bethany and Warr Acres.

richtidd

Database Admin
There's also the city with the same name as the county and the state. I think he meant Central Oklahoma CITY, which does include his prior areas of Bethany and Warr Acres.

Thanks for mentioning city.

This adds to what I was confused about. Three poss levels of agencies.

Till the feed owner clarifies, I plan to leave it at county for now.

S

screamin72

Don't waste your time. because I have discontinued the feed and requested an account removal from broadcasrtify. I cannot agree to 100 percent of the unacceptable feed names. Those rules alone make things complicated. That rule just simply picks on the most petty things.

If I want to call my stream "Screamin's Streamin!" And put OKLAHOMA CITY EDACS PROVOICE Site 1 and all the talk groups in the feed description it should be fine. If people cannot read and make a educated conclusion reading the description what entity and where from is their issue and not broadcastify's problem and not mine. Common sense. Its so petty! Trivial!

Last edited:

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
Hey when you joined this site you agreed to the rules and when you set up an account with broadcastify you agreed with the rules. Heck when you sing up for any service you agree to their rules because its owned by them and if you don't like it then don't join.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Since the OP's problem has been solved, there's no sense continuing this thread just so people can take potshots at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.